Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer and windrush pics and link :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

1945 Thornycroft Amazon WF8 Coles Crane in Malta.

Thornycroft 1945 Thornycroft Amazon WF8 Coles Crane maltabuses 20111019233405-235d9a93-me.jpg

AEC Coles again in Malta.
Oily

Coles 1943 AEC Matador 6X6 Coles (Mk.1 Series 1) Mobile Crane maltabuses 20111018221324-bb1fe095-me.jpg

Coles  1960 AEC Coles EMA 6 Ton Fully Slewing 6X6 Mobile Crane maltabuses 20111018221358-f5fc9c6e-me.jpg

An interesting picture of several forms of transport. At the top is the M6 Motorway, left to right is South to North.
Below the motorway, left to right is the Southport to Wigan railway line, below the railway bridge, from right to left
is The Leeds and Liverpool Canal. Behind the camera in this picture is the River Douglas. The second picture is an
aerial view of the location, left to right is North to South, and just under 1 mile to the right is junction 26 of the M6.

Ray.

Thanks to Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley:
Oily
Pollock Scania at Dingwall a week ago.

Thirty years ago. Market Drayton i think.

Colin.

Can remember this company back in the day, Buzzer

Remember driving a Seddon just like this to get me foot in the door on my first International driving job, it had hub reduction and I dropped the clutch a bit hard on a sharp knap of a hill and broke it, got recovered and they gave me a day cab AEC Mandator with boards over the engine on the window ledges and a bit of foam rubber to sleep at night and I thought it was great but I suspect a few on here remember times like that but eventually saw the light and moved on to a sleeper cab job, Buzzer.

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys, ENG

ENY 365J
A hulking Michigan dumptruck bought to
its knees.
Looks like a ex Calor Gas Seddon Atkinson
keeping it company…

Punchy Dan:

tribsa:
Hi Dan
Not if he had his wallet in his pocket
Going back to the short trailer I dont know any history. I was going to buy it but I guess you paid more than my bid.

Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich I paid £2500 :blush:

Buzzer:

My wife’s cousin, “Roger Fletcher”, used to drive one of these for SAS before he graduated to an F88, I cannot remember which tractor unit he had at the time, but he went straight across the roundabout at the bottom of Capel Hill at Folkestone after a brake diaphram went. He was well impressed how quick the gravel emergency lane in the middle stopped him.
Peter

The tugs are manoeuvering container ship H M M Algeciras at Tilbury.
Plenty of work for the container lorry drivers. NMP.

Ray.

H .M. M.  Algeciras 2.jpg

Peter Coaker:

Buzzer:

My wife’s cousin, “Roger Fletcher”, used to drive one of these for SAS before he graduated to an F88, I cannot remember which tractor unit he had at the time, but he went straight across the roundabout at the bottom of Capel Hill at Folkestone after a brake diaphram went. He was well impressed how quick the gravel emergency lane in the middle stopped him.
Peter

Funny you should say that as years ago I had a driver did exactly the same with a step frame SCAC trailer on behind an F88, there trailers invariably had poor or inefficient brakes and on a step frame drivers never bothered trying to adjust them as far too low to the ground and as you say that gravel trap stops you super quick, it had to be recovered and when we went to fetch the tractor unit from the recovery yard they had two very hungry dogs there side of the gate and they had removed one of the batteries so there was no sneaking in to get it back without paying the bill first, memories Buzzer

robthedog:
Unusual bull bar on the old magnum

The driver probably “loves” his Renault :wink:

Punchy Dan:
0DAF lettered up today ( yep I saved up ROF ) :laughing: just the illuminated headboard to get .

Nice to see another non-bling bling motor Dan, is that a addition to the fleet?

pv83:

Punchy Dan:
DAF lettered up today ( yep I saved up ROF ) :laughing: just the illuminated headboard to get .

Thank you , it is an addition but I think I’ll leave it at that for now my spare time is still my own at the moment :wink:

pv83:

Punchy Dan:
0DAF lettered up today ( yep I saved up ROF ) :laughing: just the illuminated headboard to get .

It’s for me to drive when I finally get my class 1 licence! :laughing: I don’t do bling either. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

pv83:

Punchy Dan:

It’s for me to drive when I finally get my class 1 licence! :laughing: I don’t do bling either. :wink:

Pete.

:laughing: