Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:

Froggy55:
Looks clever! But what about its tightening?

Googled “belt driven tandem axle” and found this hcvc.com.au/forum/truck_Cha … gie-drives
Oily

Seem to recall another idea that turned a dead trailing axle into a tandem drive,
a roller that could be lowered, from the cab, into the space between drive and dead wheels
thus transferring the drive to the rear set of wheels,I believe it worked to a degree, though i
suspect it may have been heavy on the tyres…

pyewacket947v:

oiltreader:

Froggy55:
Looks clever! But what about its tightening?

Googled “belt driven tandem axle” and found this hcvc.com.au/forum/truck_Cha … gie-drives
Oily

Seem to recall another idea that turned a dead trailing axle into a tandem drive,
a roller that could be lowered, from the cab, into the space between drive and dead wheels
thus transferring the drive to the rear set of wheels,I believe it worked to a degree, though i
suspect it may have been heavy on the tyres…

Yes I have seen some of those, I don’t think they proved popular for regular use but I suppose would be fine in an emergency? If you had a ‘dodgy’ tyre tread that would find it, rollers on tarmac pavers could tear a chunk out of a tread if you didn’t realise, as could brake rollers at test stations.

Pete.

Think it was called a Robinson Drive or something similar was to covert a lift axle to a traction axle was used on early Scandinavian Trucks

We have to remember the speeds of the vehicles during the era they operated, the systems would no doubt have handled most situations and besides there would always be a handy Drott close by for a tug! Franky

ianto:
Think it was called a Robinson Drive or something similar was to covert a lift axle to a traction axle was used on early Scandinavian Trucks

Robson drive. I remember a place I worked for had a Scania 113 fitted with it. It’s still available:
fr-fr.facebook.com/TRUCKSbyCORN … 918416814/

Thanks to Oiltreader for the link, but nothing about the tightening of the belt.

still chilly in eastern canada crossing the northumberland strait parts of sea still froze just made it across b4 they close bridge due to wind

6days b4 sunny l.a.

I found this picture of a Morris bread van from the 1930s on " Wigan World " forum.
I am interested in the letters and numbers near the bottom of the van bodywork,
would they be anything to do with the old " C licence " that I think applied to vehicles
carrying the companys own goods ?. NMP.

Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:
I found this picture of a Morris bread van from the 1930s on " Wigan World " forum.
I am interested in the letters and numbers near the bottom of the van bodywork,
would they be anything to do with the old " C licence " that I think applied to vehicles
carrying the companys own goods ?. NMP.

Ray Smyth.

Love the rear wheel spats :sunglasses:
Oily

Froggy55:

ianto:

Robson drive. I remember a place I worked for had a Scania 113 fitted with it. It’s still available:
fr-fr.facebook.com/TRUCKSbyCORN … 918416814/

Thanks to Oiltreader for the link, but nothing about the tightening of the belt.

Must be some sort of screw adjustment to pull back the dead axle, though keeping it running
straight could be tricky…

What a nice picture, Buzzer

Thanks to stevejones, Ray Smyth and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Turriff, that’s was my part of the country many years ago Buzzer.
A bit further south from Montrose.
Oily

Scotch Ronnie 4445915904_4f2de1f1bf_o (1).jpg

And old Guy. Nice bit of artwork. Ro

45034259084_e53d03edcd.jpg

Nmp

A resize Gary, we need Robert to sort the page for us :slight_smile: thanks in advance Robert.
Oily

Thanks Oily I haven’t a computer only a phone [emoji106]

oiltreader:
A resize Gary, we need Robert to sort the page for us :slight_smile: thanks in advance Robert.
Oily

Gary, full story on "Russia Middle East ,other unusual destinations thread on page 1. :wink:

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Oily

Gary, full story on "Russia Middle East ,other unusual destinations thread on page 1. :wink:

Thanks for that Dean I’ll have a look when get 5 minutes been a busy bee keeping the meat supplies going [emoji106]

What do we reckon this one is lads? It is not my picture, I found it on the internet.

Regards John. P.S. Click to enlarge.

old 67:
What do we reckon this one is lads? It is not my picture, I found it on the internet.

Regards John. P.S. Click to enlarge.

V for Vulcan? The cab looks a bit like an American military one. Could it be a re-cabbed Vulcan? Ro