Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

ramone:
I was going to suggest Duramin it shows how much i know

The first regular AEC MK3 I had at A E Evans,TWR 573, had a Hampshire Car Bodies cab. For some reason it was a little bit quieter inside than the other types - not much I hasten to add.

evans4.jpg

Kirk’s haulage Boston nmp, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Kirk’s haulage Boston nmp, Buzzer

Ah a grand old Morris-Commercial Cars CV five tonner with a good load on it! Still one of the best looking lorries made from that era in my opinion, also marketed as the ‘Equi-load’ due to the equal loading of the axles like Commer’s ‘Superpoise’ which was much the same. A semi-forward control version was also produced allowing a longer load platform. That CV would have the sidevalve engine, later they also fitted the Saurer based diesel and an overhead valve six cylinder petrol. Not my pics.

f.jwwb.nl_public_o_i_z_temp-lwyosbhxmwyykdktlkpm_y5gny5_morris2_eyg285.jpg

Pete.

Fawcetts Malt Scania delivering Bales of hops to the Dog & Partridge pub at Wallgate, in Wigan town centre.
To the right is a Bidfood DAF delivering food products to Subway butty shop. The building between the two
lorries was for many years, Yorkshire Bank. 28/11/2019. Ray Smyth.

Photo0154.jpg

FB_IMG_1575377612440.jpg
A beastie !!nmp

Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, but the style of the house in the background definitely looks more British than Persian! Any idea about the make of the beast?

Freightliner.

Froggy55:
Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, but the style of the house in the background definitely looks more British than Persian! Any idea about the make of the beast?

1935 Leyland Rhino.
Oily

Thanks to Buzzer, toshboy, Chris Webb, windrush, Ray Smyth, coomsey and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and the others for the craic :smiley:
Oily

Leyland Beavers in Israel.

Chris Webb:

ramone:
I was going to suggest Duramin it shows how much i know

The first regular AEC MK3 I had at A E Evans,TWR 573, had a Hampshire Car Bodies cab. For some reason it was a little bit quieter inside than the other types - not much I hasten to add.

My dad always liked the MK3 , not sure why but he did

A varied montage today nmp’s Buzzer.

This little lorry of Hankinsons is delivering spuds to Wallgate Chippy, opposite North Western Station
in Wigan town centre. I think it may be an Isuzu, but I am not certain. Ray Smyth.

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

1935 Leyland Rhino.
Oily

Thanks! Certainly a mighty truck, with a Germanic style of the 1930s.

Thanks to Buzzer and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

Snapped in Vietnam, a Samsung.

Buzzer:
A varied montage today nmp’s Buzzer.

I bet the lorry in the second photo took some loading , and roping

Pickfords moving the SS Turbina from Exhibition Park Newcastle to the New Discovery Museum in the city. 1994 (I think)

Froggy55:

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

1935 Leyland Rhino.
Oily

Thanks! Certainly a mighty truck, with a Germanic style of the 1930s.

Another Leyland Rhino dated 1931…and a similar house in the background. As Leyland built the body and cab for this Hovis lorry, the house was probably at Leyland.

March 1983
Christian Salvesen Droitwich Spa Depot
OSF 947V, a MB 1619. A ex Blairgowrie Depot motor,one of several transferred to Droitwich to replace 16t 1617s
They had already been hard worked on UK and Euro haulage and some where a bit rough cabwise.
I was lucky with this one, whoever it had been allocated to had looked after it and the cab was clean and undamaged.
I developed a real soft spot for this old plodder and even now, all these years later, i still miss the clattering sound of the 190 Vee 6, the simple almost basic cab with its big Germanic steering wheel.
Yes there where times when it was embarrassingly slow, but then i had already learned, there where no medals for
charging about like a lunatic, Do it one day and they would want you to do it again, and again.
‘Pyewacket’ is seen here coupled up to a ex Comart Alcan Dorsey wide spread tandem with a big Thermo King fridge unit. They rode and followed nicely but they taxed the 1619s ability , even when empty.

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Hi coomsey, cheers for the pics :smiley:. I follow John Wakely’s postings on flickr and it is a 1980 Leyland tipper.
Oily

1980’s my arse ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Oily me olde mucker i reckon i am siding with “coomsey” on this one. :smiley: John has definately got
the date wrong ! Whilst they may have fitted the ergomatic cab until 1981 the interior was different to the one in your pic and the
1981 version would have been like pic 3 below. :wink:

Definately not 1980 but 1960’s possibly early to mid 70’s latest.They did a few upgrades in the 70’s. I am no Leyland expert but i
expect “ergomatic man” will know which years etc.

1964 cab.

definately late 60.s early 70.s for that tipper low datum cab too. late 70.s to 81 high datum cab with tan trim.
1976 cab.Bit posher.

1979 Octopus mark 2 cab from brochure.Totally different,better seat different dash layout and a grab handle at the base of the seat.

Click on pic twice for good view.

m.a.n rules:
is it a mandator ?

leyland retriever i think.