Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Back a bit a Dutch tanker NMP Buzzer

Buzzer:
Very pleasant lineup of modern machinery run by someone who IMHO cares about image, Buzzer.

I agree Buzzer, and said so a while back, and had a certain north country ‘gentleman’ slagging me off because of it for some reason. :unamused:

240 Gardner, yes I knew Steve had sold on the original Atkinson but I could not find a photo of the newer one in my photo files.
Cheers Leyland 600

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Very pleasant lineup of modern machinery run by someone who IMHO cares about image, Buzzer.

I agree Buzzer, and said so a while back, and had a certain north country ‘gentleman’ slagging me off because of it for some reason. :unamused:

I think “gentleman” is guilding the lilly somewhat David!

David

5thwheel:

Spardo:

Buzzer:

I think “gentleman” is guilding the lilly somewhat David!

David

You may say that, I couldn’t possibly comment. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(with homage to the late, great Ian Richardson of House of Cards (the original) and a lesson for the times in which we live today? :slight_smile: )

Spardo:
You may say that, I couldn’t possibly comment.

(with homage to the late, great Ian Richardson of House of Cards (the original) and a lesson for the times in which we live today? )

:smiley: Excellent.

Road Vehicles advert.

nw atkinson pnw poily.PNG

Couple for today nmp, Buzzer

70721496_2884393621589298_8524494498888155136_n.jpg

Thanks to coomsey, DEANB, Buzzer, pv83, Leyland 600 and Gardner 240 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

North and South Swain.

TKN General 14411575135_1cd32e9a3a_o.jpg

Hi Buzzer, HKE 401 Is a K 2 Austin 1940 Reg, Of course they were also called a Birmingham Bedford, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Buzzer, HKE 401 Is a K 2 Austin 1940 Reg, Of course they were also called a Birmingham Bedford, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Thanks for that, the picture above is Trent gravels, Buzzer

1st run with the new ride tipping carlisle pennsylvania 500 ■■■■■■■ eaton fuller ultrashift pretty good but not as gd as volvo ishift

the way the yanks used to roll peterbilt cabover still earning

Here’s a couple more, Buzzer.

Visited Threlkeld digger festivalyesterday, very Ruston Bucyrus! with brother Andy and Millom Haulier Mike Kelly. A good day was had by all. Sadly, no photos, as a photographer I make a good truck driver! The ■■■■■■■ run guys stopped there about half past one. They weren’t hungry - they had gone over old Shap and stopped at Shap village where they were made a big fuss of - I may be mistaken, they were talking about the big freeze of '63 - and the organiser of their feast was either involved in that or the two married buses at the top of shap. Glenn Harley was there with his Volvo, he has recently been to France where he loved driving a long nosed Saurer. He is hosting his Swiss Friends with their 142, in the near future.

I took my Puch 60cc scooter to my Uncle’s in St Boswell’s from Barrow in 1964 and went over Shap. The buses were still there then, but I think they were gone when I started hauling timber for him in 1969. Uncle Jack had driven a Leyland Beaver pole trailer for George C. Croasdale some 10 years before.He told me a tale about a Liverpool lad on his first trip North. He talked to this lad in the bus cafe at the top and warned him of the danger of running out of brakes by the bottom. When he made his slow way down, the lad’s truck was through the wall and into the stream, he hadn’t survived. I was always careful in my 4 wheeler Comet, often to the annoyance of newer trucks with better brakes - but hey, I’m still here!

John

How they’ve got some of those diggers into the quarry round the bend at the bottom I can’t imagine!

John West:
Visited Threlkeld digger festivalyesterday, very Ruston Bucyrus! with brother Andy and Millom Haulier Mike Kelly. A good day was had by all. Sadly, no photos, as a photographer I make a good truck driver! The ■■■■■■■ run guys stopped there about half past one. They weren’t hungry - they had gone over old Shap and stopped at Shap village where they were made a big fuss of - I may be mistaken, they were talking about the big freeze of '63 - and the organiser of their feast was either involved in that or the two married buses at the top of shap. Glenn Harley was there with his Volvo, he has recently been to France where he loved driving a long nosed Saurer. He is hosting his Swiss Friends with their 142, in the near future.

I took my Puch 60cc scooter to my Uncle’s in St Boswell’s from Barrow in 1964 and went over Shap. The buses were still there then, but I think they were gone when I started hauling timber for him in 1969. Uncle Jack had driven a Leyland Beaver pole trailer for George C. Croasdale some 10 years before.He told me a tale about a Liverpool lad on his first trip North. He talked to this lad in the bus cafe at the top and warned him of the danger of running out of brakes by the bottom. When he made his slow way down, the lad’s truck was through the wall and into the stream, he hadn’t survived. I was always careful in my 4 wheeler Comet, often to the annoyance of newer trucks with better brakes - but hey, I’m still here!

John

Hiya John,

Has Glenn finally greased the gear linkage? As I had a spin in the Volvo earlier this year and it seemed a bit “stiff”…

Apart from that, a true gent Glenn is, I never knew that he was behind the ■■■■■■■ run, as he’s not keen on being in the spotlight. I only found out myself earlier this year when I was talking about it with Glenn!

Cheers, Patrick

Always thought they stood well! Nmp

coomsey:
Always thought they stood well! Nmp

Nice and tidy too! The greedy-boards are not too avaricious and the sheets are parked atop the cab to secure the heaped load. :sunglasses: Robert