Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Hi Paul , dont know about the the unladen weight and cost I was only about 12 years old when I went in it…my dad got pulled over and charged once in this lorry (ancient hours of service rules) he had worked all day as a driver at whitwick quarry and the same night took a load down to brent Constable Hart plant on the north circular where hendon shopping centre stands today. Unbeleivably he was allowed to carry on with his trip…The M1 started at crick junction 18 at that time. He got a verbal dressing down from quarry management but he wriggled out of the legal consequences some how.

A few more oldies for you GUY enthusiasts, Buzzer

Guy-invincible-1-4909.jpg

BigJ3.jpg

Thanks to Ray Smyth, jshepguis and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Sabrina variation

Cheers for the Guy motors Buzzer, the load on this one caused a few different opinions on FB.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to Ray Smyth, jshepguis and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Sabrina variation

Eddie, The Reg. No. 6386 ED on the Ken Thomas ERF “Sabrina” is a Warrington number.
It makes me think that it could have been new to Peter Walkers Brewery, Warrington.
Walkers lorries were painted in a very similar shade of maroon. Regards, Ray.

oiltreader:
Oily

Sabrina variation

Hiya Oily the Sky Blue chassis cab Sabrina belonged to Joe Chambers Haulage from Nottingham it was one fitted out as a breakdown lorry
Cheers Gary

Buzzer:

Guy Invincible bonneted.jpg

I remember this Guy was produced as a scale model by Matchbox, but did it ever exist on the tarmac?

here is one from yorkshire

ERF Sabrina.png

Old AEC advert.

Froggy55:

Buzzer:

I remember this Guy was produced as a scale model by Matchbox, but did it ever exist on the tarmac?

Yep it did.

pyewacket947v:

Froggy55:

Buzzer:

Yep it did.

I remember the Matchbox one being a forward (rather than normal) control model. Robert

It was Corgi who made the bonnetted Guy in their ‘Husky’ range.

Pete.

Wilsons Brewery at Newton Heath Manchester ran a few ERF Sabrina at one time on their dray work.

Wilsons ERF's.jpg

windrush:

Pete.

It was indeed this Husky model, not a Matchbox, but any pictures of the scale 1 model on the road?

Froggy55:

windrush:

Pete.

It was indeed this Husky model, not a Matchbox, but any pictures of the scale 1 model on the road?

Here’s a LHD one (Belgian, I think). Robert

guy-invincible-04.jpg

Couple more photo’s from out here in Kakinada India.

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

ERF-NGC-European:

Froggy55:

windrush:

Pete.

Here’s a LHD one (Belgian, I think). Robert

Thanks for the picture! A stange looking cab, not especially well balanced. The bonneted Leylands of the 1950 (Beaver & Hippo) looked more better!

Stanfield:
Wilsons Brewery at Newton Heath Manchester ran a few ERF Sabrina at one time on their dray work.

Was there ever a tractor unit version? Cheers Coomsey

Another bonneted Invincible run by Wynn’s Front is a bit different.
hcvc.com.au/forum/truck_Cha … ad-of-this

I found this keyring the other day when I was in the attic looking for something else.
It was given to me by David McMillan who worked for Stena Line at Stranraer for many
years. David was a Tugmaster driver on the quay at Stranraer, driving unaccompanied
trailers on and off the Roll-On Roll-Off ferries that went to and from Belfast.
He later drove for McMullan Transport from Ballymoney, Co. Antrim for about 6 years.
The little badge above the Stena Line logo is the crest of Stranraer Football Club from
the Scottish League, I am assuming that Stena Line were the club sponsor for some time.

Ray Smyth.