Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:
Couple of vids… this one load squaring through the barrels
youtube.com/watch?v=xzwAxntvvgY

and this one of Jeremy Rempel’s loaded Kenworth W900L heading for the mill.
youtube.com/watch?v=EU4xbZgKjDI
Oily

Cheers Oily for the pictures and videos. The barreling is an interesting concept. It sure makes it easier for getting a rouge sticking out log back in line.
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Cheers Oily for the pictures and videos” ta for appreciation Johnny :smiley: . One or two from the auld country on dashcam.
Oily

no sailings tonight from sydney nova scotia to port a basque newfoundland

b4 and after truck wash the blue beacon cornwall ontario

and after

wrong way up

lunch today at a golden corral in nunan just outside atlanta ga.theese golden corral buffets better than most t.stops midweek 10 us dollars for the lot

Good looking truck Steve, but in the US you seem to be going back to the old days in Britain with those single arm mirrors.

We all learned from the Yanks 50 odd years ago how to fix mirrors that wouldn’t vibrate. I remember buying some Ford West Coast mirrors from a scrap yard to fit to my World War 2 Morris Commercial reccer and it looked the bee’s knees, and I had a clear steady view of what was behind me.

Do you get no vibrations with those?

think theese rims illegal in uk and they wasnt plastic

spardo no they seem ok at moment its brand new they only just reduced size from previous model they eventually copy europe most new trucks here automatic but you still get the heroes that want to play with 18spd eaton fuller

1 more b4 sleep time real love of axles here

a old girl still looking gd and sounded gd as well

Bloody hell Steve, that single semi with only one less axles than I had on a 3 trailer road train, how the hell does he get round corners or are they self steerers? I remember the long walk around that I had every 50 kms banging 44 tyres. :unamused:

And that cabover might look good and sound good too, but squidged up in that little Yankee cab with a great big engine hump for company, no thank you. :laughing: Until the Magnum came along here in Europe I was a big advocate of bonneted trucks. That truck was the last one I ever drove, almost 16 years ago, and I reckon I left on a high note. :smiley:

:smiley: yes totally agree on that remember getting 1st magnum wow ive had classics petes /kenworth/western star but i go for the space now peterbilt classic hated it but each to there own i geuss of to coca cola atlanta now for load upto canada

Leyland Super Comet in Zambia in 1968.

All in a varied week’s work

Good to see you’re still alive and kicking, Rob! All well with you, I trust?
Not added Meer’s,to the Longford empire, have you?

Steve

Ste46:
Good to see you’re still alive and kicking, Rob! All well with you, I trust?
Not added Meer’s,to the Longford empire, have you?

Hey up Steve, no not enough room at my yard for all their fleet, nor enough enthusiasm to run that many artics, just do the odd day’s driving for them as and when they need.

Are you Hatton based or in some foreign land still at the moment ?
Steve

I passed through Longford on the way back from Hatton this afternoon and briefly thought about calling in on you Rob, however the time was getting on and I didn’t want to be late for my tea so I kept going. You were probably out earning a fortune anyway. :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
I passed through Longford on the way back from Hatton this afternoon and briefly thought about calling in on you Rob, however the time was getting on and I didn’t want to be late for my tea so I kept going. You were probably out earning a fortune anyway. :laughing:

Pete.

You want to be careful thinking about calling in at Longford Pete, while you would be most welcome to come and have a cuppa at my yard you might get spotted by my neighbour Mr. Leedham, He’d have you on the big Scania in Cauldon Lowe, you could manage a 10.30 pm start to resurface the M6 at Stafford couldn’t you.