Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Leyland Gas Turbine advert. 1968

My mate used to fit these Llewelyn Glands with his eyes shut at the Ribble Carlisle Willowholme depot especially on new Bristol VRs, he had fitted so many that it became second nature to him.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thanks to rastone, ERF-NGC-European, pete smith, Leyland 600, lurpak and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Kev mentioned wheels, well I guess one or two of you might hanker after one of these, a Merc in Chile.
Oily

Leyland 600 thanks for posting the slide of the aec mammoth major

Leyland600:
Hi Kev, does oily’s criteria apply to bikes that we have to give 1.5metre clearance when overtaking or risk a £100 fine and 3 points on our licences.?
Here are some South African buses built on goods chassis I photographed in Durban and Pietermaritzburg in 1978. The ERFs were used on long distance services and often pulled a trailer with luggage and parcels. The AEC Kudu was a high chassis front vertical engine semi auto with set back front axle assembled at the AEC factory / ckd assembly plant in Durban and generaly used on services to the outlying townships on dirt roads. Apologies for the poor quality images I only had a small Kodak 110 camera at the time which was useless.
Cheers Leyland 600

Gerald, plenty wheels with this lot, and all vintage! Aged between 63 and 7I, I’m third on the left, this is the “Gateshead Old Codgers” Cycle Group. Regards Kev.

IMG_20180618_202240.jpg

There’s me thinking it was the knobbly knees contest .

rigsby:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Well I thought it was the return of The Magnifcent 7, & If I may say so Kev is the oldest, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Regards Larry.

Hi ade, This metal memorial has recently been erected on the green at Silloth in memory of the Hudson aircraft crews that flew on training exercises and test flights from Silloth aerodrome during the war. There were numerous crashes and ditchings in the Solway Firth at the time. There is still as far as I know a huge concrete arrow bordered by two circular concrete pads out in the sand dunes near the golf course pointing out into the Solway meant as a direction device for bombing practice etc. With so many accidents the Solway Firth was known as Hudsons Bay.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Lawrence Dunbar:

rigsby:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Well I thought it was the return of The Magnifcent 7, & If I may say so Kev is the oldest, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Regards Larry.

Thanks Larry, the cheque is in the post!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .Riggers, your correct about the knobbly knees, we’re all past winners. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

rigsby:

Whoa, he’s got better legs than Mrs GOM. :unamused:

Thanks to kevmac47 and Leyland600 for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
A96 on dashcam

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag … gYCRwQgLK1

Sorry about this, I’m just fiddling about trying to get this 'copy and paste business sorted. :blush:

grumpy old man:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5tGdH4fShIgzD7smB3An7QhTCEIQ3TeTK5KqdZegYCRwQgLK1

Sorry about this, I’m just fiddling about trying to get this 'copy and paste business sorted. :blush:

That link shows a Miles Fox AEC so your getting the hang of it GOM :slight_smile:
I have no experience of laptops and being a student of Google learning daily with regard to desktops and phones.
To copy and paste text I left click on the text scrolling right to left, this will block colour it, then right click on it and choose copy, then go to what your are posting and right click choose paste and left click on it and it should appear in your posting, sharing a link as you have done, follow the same procedure this time on the url www. etc. To copy a picture I right click on it and from the drop down menu left click on save image or save as, this then goes to My Pictures folder, posting on Trucknet click on Upload attachment, then Choose file, this will take you to your pictures folder, left click your choice and left click Open, back to your post and click Add the file then Preview if happy Submit(not literally :laughing: )
No doubt I’ve missed something but hopefully of some assistance, this left right clickety click bloody thing is getting me confused, going to have a lie down :laughing: :laughing: .
Oily
PS get your snap tin and climb aboard :sunglasses:

DEANB:

Cheers for the article Dean :smiley: the Gliksten name rings a bell from the past, hardwood importers based somewhere in London.
Oily
Had a look and found these, they supplied the motor trade, lorry cab framework etc included.
Oily

Leyland600:
Hi Kev, does oily’s criteria apply to bikes that we have to give 1.5metre clearance when overtaking or risk a £100 fine and 3 points on our licences.?
Here are some South African buses built on goods chassis I photographed in Durban and Pietermaritzburg in 1978. The ERFs were used on long distance services and often pulled a trailer with luggage and parcels. The AEC Kudu was a high chassis front vertical engine semi auto with set back front axle assembled at the AEC factory / ckd assembly plant in Durban and generaly used on services to the outlying townships on dirt roads. Apologies for the poor quality images I only had a small Kodak 110 camera at the time which was useless.

I share your view of the old 110 camera. I made the mistake of taking one on a tour of the West Coast of the US.
A box Brownie would have been a better option.

Thanks to DEANB for the pics/article :smiley:

Lorry loads, courtesy of Richard Says.
Oily

LOrries Richards 28401532457_4e8d493352_rs k.jpg

Richard 41703612180_296738afaf_rs o.jpg

Richard 41563401672_bbd5a13d93_rs k.jpg

Richard 41546873185_0ac17c7fea_rs k.jpg

Richard 37697390422_2d8966cc49_rs k.jpg

AEC Mammoth Major.

Scanned Vinyl record cover from 1971, Princes St, Edinburgh. Edinburgh Corporation bus, Scottish & Newcastle Breweries ERF 44LK, BRS Seddon, green painted possibly SCWS Leyland, Edinburgh Corporation Leyland PD2, Alexanders Bluebird AEC Monocoach or a Reliance.
Long before the council ruined Princes St with an expensive tram system.
Cheers Leyland 600.

img053.jpg

Thanks to DEANB and Leyland 600 for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

An able looking machine.
Oily