Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A closer look tells me its a special chassis. Maybe only the cab is Foden…

Leyland600:
Hi PV 83, Are Winstones still on the go ? I last saw them in 2007.
Cheers Leyland 600

Were Winstones from Bishop Auckland UK or Auckland New Zealand?

David

Froggy55:
A closer look tells me its a special chassis. Maybe only the cab is Foden…

Rear bogie/balance beam and springs are Foden at least, running 30+ Fodens I replaced plenty of them for annual test until rubber came along. :laughing:

Pete.

DEANB:
Bedford Coach.

Duple Viceroy coachwork.

A 50s Albion Clydesdale I snapped today…

30139469398_68ab2af582_k.jpg

And a (70s??) MAN 26.281 from a week ago

IMG_20180801_105034.jpg

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, Layland600, DEANB, pv83 and ParkRoyal2100 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1950s and Winstone at Newmarket, Auckland, NZ, the wagon :confused: :bulb: :bulb: NZ build narrow cab for extra load length.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, Layland600, DEANB, pv83 and ParkRoyal2100 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1950s and Winstone at Newmarket, Auckland, NZ, the wagon :confused: :bulb: :bulb: NZ build narrow cab for extra load length.
Oily

Thanks “Oily”,you have inadvertently answered my question re Winstones location with your photo.

David

One from your part of the world Oily ! :wink:

Oily here is a photo I took in Auckland’s MOTAT transport museum on a visit in 2006 an early days Winstone Ford. Sorry about picture quality.
Cheers, Leyland 600

DEANB:

Top picture Dean. I’ve been there a few times myself.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Albion Clydesdale is a Reiver, the was a cab factory fitted option in the mid 1950s by Autolifts of Bolton Lancs. I used to see them regularly being driven down from Scotstoun south through Carlisle. in chassis cab form as well as just plain chassis. often with shipping mark boards wired to the radiotor grills. Lots were bound for West Africa.
Cheers Leyland 600

That AEC Mandator one of many operated by Hugh Clelland and sons from chryston near Glasgow also close to Gartcosh steel works which was there main traffic back in the day

Hi Scantastic, back about 1991-2 I was driving near the dock area in Valetta, Malta when I met an ex Cleland AEC Mammoth Major still in original livery which I recognised immediately as I often saw them a few years previously on the A74 Carlisle to Glasgow when opertaing my own 8 wheel bulk blower. On reflection if I had had a dash camera way back then it would have made a fabulous photo. As for the AEC Gazette cover photo I had this edition of the magazine in my possession since its publication date until last year when I sold my entire collection of Gazettes.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

ParkRoyal2100:

DEANB:
Bedford Coach.

Duple Viceroy coachwork.

You should start a thread on buses and coaches,got loads of stuff about them ! :wink:

Froggy55:

pv83:

An unusual and interesting outfit. What was the payload of the truck and the trailer?

5thwheel:

Leyland600:
Hi PV 83, Are Winstones still on the go ? I last saw them in 2007.
Cheers Leyland 600

Haven’t got any more info on it lads, other than it being in NZ…

Cheers, Patrick

Take a look on Flickr search for Winstones quite a few photos of their modern fleet of wagon and trailer outfits hauling gypsum off Auckland docks.
Attached are some images taken from the Auckland Sky Tower in 2007 and from the cross harbour ferry.
Cheers, Leyland 600

IMG_9067.JPG

IMG_8988.JPG

IMG_8949.JPG

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DEANB:

Thanks Dean :smiley: I remember Clellands and that ferry as well at South Queensferry landing.
Oily

Thanks to DEANB, Leyland600 and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

From our man in the Forest

Caravans ab IMG_20180222_124247 ab.jpg

Leyland600:
Oily here is a photo I took in Auckland’s MOTAT transport museum on a visit in 2006 an early days Winstone Ford. Sorry about picture quality.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Thanks for that old 'un Leyland 600 :smiley:
even older and nearer home :slight_smile:
Oily

Caravans and Charabancs cc by nd 2.0 14704014223_46ecf4b0b1 CaC _o.jpg