Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Just saw this in a magazine… the beginning of the end… or the start of a revolution…?

I’d say there’s some photoshopping there.

Hi boys! Well thats the real as it can be. The electricroad outside Sandviken about 200km north of Stockholm. But its only 3-5km long so the truck dont use electric al the time.
But the there is an elecric truck running for i think it was schenker betwine Rosersberg and Arlandaairport. But that work with some iron that is in the road so nothing up on the roof like in this pic.

Danne

Found this on Flickr. Maby someone know who it is.

flic.kr/p/4jTgJN

flic.kr/p/4jTxCQ

flic.kr/p/4jVhzL

Danne

pv83:
Just saw this in a magazine… the beginning of the end… or the start of a revolution…?

I’m sitting here thinking of the chaos that’ll happen when the ‘knitting’ (wires) get damaged/pulled down. And before anybody says owt, just look at the East/West coast main railway lines, it happens regularly.

grumpy old man:

pv83:

I’m sitting here thinking of the chaos that’ll happen when the ‘knitting’ (wires) get damaged/pulled down. And before anybody says owt, just look at the East/West coast main railway lines, it happens regularly.

And how does a light wagon overtake a fully loaded one? Answer, it doesn’t, just like the N10 in France. No wires required but few risk it.

grumpy old man:

pv83:

Bought this subject up on a number of occasions when discussing the ‘oversold’ merits of electric traction.
Miles of ugly expensive gantries, mile after mile of fragile and expensive wire, a inability to reroute unless the diversion is also electrified.
And the pollution happens somewhere else out of sight. And if it happens to be nuclear, well we’ll just leave it for our grandkids to sort out.!!

A lot of catching up on all threads beckons, in the meantime thanks to Andrew Morrison, jshepguis, DEANB, Buzzer, John West, HRS, pv83 for the pics and Danne for the links :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A set o’ wheels for when men were men.
Oily

On the A9 at the Pass of Drumochter.
Oily

IMG_1144 -ot.jpg

IMG_1142 ot.jpg

IMG_1122 ot.jpg

Some retired motors maybe waiting for a second chance, Buzzer

Hi oily, Drumochter Summit half way between home and Orkney 200 miles each way. I also passed down from Portmahomack last Friday evening before being diverted off the A9 at Perth (road works) had to travel via M90 and over the new Forth Bridge, I passe over it completely on the hard shoulder all lanes closed due to ongoing works on the central main cables. The diversion only added 9 mile to my total journey travelling via Western By Pass then down through Biggar back onto M74.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Dirty Dan:
Hi boys! Well thats the real as it can be. The electricroad outside Sandviken about 200km north of Stockholm. But its only 3-5km long so the truck dont use electric al the time.
But the there is an elecric truck running for i think it was schenker betwine Rosersberg and Arlandaairport. But that work with some iron that is in the road so nothing up on the roof like in this pic.

Danne

They’re building a special lane on the A5 south of Frankfurt for these sort of vehicles, would be interesting to see how that’s going to work out… maybe Herr Sutherland knows a bit more about it…?

Spardo:

grumpy old man:

pv83:

And how does a light wagon overtake a fully loaded one? Answer, it doesn’t, just like the N10 in France. No wires required but few risk it.

Most of the Spanish and Portugese drivers seem to ignore the overtaking ban Spardo…

Looks like they’ve used the upper part of a Volvo EuroTrotter for the extension…?

Ken Wilkinson’s Leyland Tiger, still used when the workload demands it.
IMG_20180630_220422.jpg

pv83:

Spardo:

grumpy old man:

pv83:

Most of the Spanish and Portugese drivers seem to ignore the overtaking ban Spardo…

Not in my experience, though, and I use the section between Angouleme and Bordeaux far more now than I did working full time. I do know though, that there are many stories bandied about that they do. I travelled that way last Saturday, there and back, even took the wife with me as a treat (for her :sunglasses: ) and remarked to her how unusual it was when I struggled to pass a Portuguese at my customery 100. He was going downhill though and not trying to hold her back. :wink:

Buzzer:
Some retired motors maybe waiting for a second chance, Buzzer

I would certainly choose the Foden, so typically British, maybe powered by a 2-stroke FD 6. Maybe some of you will telle me more about the exact model?

Barbers Foden.

Thanks to Buzzer, pv83, kevmac47 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

What do you make of this :confused: :bulb: … courtesy of Peter Schöler,

Leyland600:
Hi oily, Drumochter Summit half way between home and Orkney 200 miles each way. I also passed down from Portmahomack last Friday evening before being diverted off the A9 at Perth (road works) had to travel via M90 and over the new Forth Bridge, I passe over it completely on the hard shoulder all lanes closed due to ongoing works on the central main cables. The diversion only added 9 mile to my total journey travelling via Western By Pass then down through Biggar back onto M74.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Aye Leyland600 it’s an impressive structure with a few hiccups since opening :blush:
Cheers
Oily