Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Good morning Oily,
Would you know if George is still going, Had a few pints with him “just down the road”, years ago !! Harvey

HRS:
Good morning Oily,
Would you know if George is still going, Had a few pints with him “just down the road”, years ago !! Harvey

Yes he is as one of my coworkers has just left Jenkins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harvey as to your question George Jenkins is very much still active in the haulage scene, see his MAN trucks all the time when on my way to Frome Market nearly always with a tipper trailer think on stone out the West country.

On another note saw this for sale Atkinson Searcher I think with plant body and crane for 6750 pounds, good for rallies and road runs and the like, cheers Buzzer

Taken in the 1950’s.Re furbishing Alleynes Grammer School Headmasters house in Uttoxeter by Staffordshire County Council.Note the crappy old J.U. van.Perhaps they were hoping the R.S.J. would fall on it.

Tony

img282.jpg

HRS:
Good morning Oily,

Other end of the country from me Harvey, not allowed that far without a trace tag :laughing:
Another of his wagons courtesy of Len Rogers.
Cheers
Oily

rastone:
Taken in the 1950’s.Re furbishing Alleynes Grammer School Headmasters house in Uttoxeter by Staffordshire County Council.Note the crappy old J.U. van.Perhaps they were hoping the R.S.J. would fall on it.

Tony

Cheers for the pics Tony, them were the days, no namby pamby H&S lurking, the fuel can in the JU brings back memories, bloody awkward to carry when full with thin metal hinge handle digging in.
Oily

Thanks to DEANB, Buzzer and rastone for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Another string on the A9 at the Pass of Drumochter.

Here’s one for my brother as I know he likes Stevens’s trucks me parked next to one the other week in Leeming Bar!!
80E96097-742F-49B1-8189-7E2975742119.jpeg

Andrew Morrison:
Here’s one for my brother as I know he likes Stevens’s trucks me parked next to one the other week in Leeming Bar!!0

I like the orange mossie/midge exterminator in the front windscreen. Reminds me of a little anecdote told me by another driver one day in Yugo. He was parked up for the night somewhere up near the Hungarian border where there were plenty of mossies. He had been careful and kept them out of his cab and when he finally got his head down he was off in the land of dreams very quickly. However, it wasn’t long before the tell tale high pitch squeal of a mossie had him awake and cursing. He reached out for his PifPaf and gave it a good squirt. He wasn’t bothered again that night and slept like a log. Next morning as he got up he noticed the only aerosol can near him was his spray polish. It was then he realised he had Mr Sheen’ed the little blighter.

sandway:

Andrew Morrison:
Here’s one for my brother as I know he likes Stevens’s trucks me parked next to one the other week in Leeming Bar!!0

I like the orange mossie/midge exterminator in the front windscreen. Reminds me of a little anecdote told me by another driver one day in Yugo. He was parked up for the night somewhere up near the Hungarian border where there were plenty of mossies. He had been careful and kept them out of his cab and when he finally got his head down he was off in the land of dreams very quickly. However, it wasn’t long before the tell tale high pitch squeal of a mossie had him awake and cursing. He reached out for his PifPaf and gave it a good squirt. He wasn’t bothered again that night and slept like a log. Next morning as he got up he noticed the only aerosol can near him was his spray polish. It was then he realised he had Mr Sheen’ed the little blighter.

Years ago in the 80’s when I was doing Italy we used to buy slow burning capsules you could buy to drive out mozzies, they were good to a point but as you say 2am and you heard the buzz of the blighter you did not get, that’s why every one tried to get to the top of Mt Cenis where the air was cool and no insects, Buzzer.

I always found those plug in (to the lighter socket) mozzie burners the best. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
I always found those plug in (to the lighter socket) mozzie burners the best. Robert

Robert defo an age related brain loss, of course they were plug in cigarette type I meant, as time goes by the grey cells retreat, Buzzer.

Thanks, Blue Estate, Buzzer, Oily.
Re George, always good to hear an old haulier still going in this day and age, Cheers. Harvey.
If little miss independance gets her way I will need a passport, not a tag !!!

Good day out at Thirsk Truck Gathering today must have been a good 500 trucks there so a quick selection.

And these 2 guys pulled this Merc of GCS Johnston which was ballasted at 46 ton all for the British Heart Foundation!

Aberdeen Parcels Crusader.

aberdeen crusader.PNG

DEANB:
Aberdeen Parcels Crusader.

Often wrong but this motor used to collect Groupage North west area and one of pickups was out of KRAFT HumKo Trafford Park Manchester.
I think the drivers name was Stevey.
I remember delivering or collecting from their yard in Stonehaven many times 1979 to 1984.
Regards Kev

An old shot and an even older shot today, Buzzer

Buzzer:
An old shot and an even older shot today, Buzzer

The silver radiator 88 was a good reliable motor - even in the desert heat. Here’s mine on H4 between Jordan and Saudi in 1976. Never any bother!

IMG_0068.PNG

The engine cover fried your left leg on the TAPline, but it never broke down!

John

Good morning Jshepguis,
Great shots of the show trucks, must admit, I think i would prefer to have the choc behing the wheel If i was sleeping in that tent, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Harvey

HRS:
Good morning Jshepguis,
Great shots of the show trucks, must admit, I think i would prefer to have the choc behing the wheel If i was sleeping in that tent, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Harvey

Harvey, I would have put the chocks between both rear axles, to protect for & aft…just like “Belt & Braces”. :wink: :wink: Ray.