Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Brain Transport Scania.

Joking aside Patrick :laughing: …googled Dutch Seddon dustcart and bingo.
Oily

Thanks to rastone, servo88 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

Dutch bling thanks to Peter Schöler.

Dutch PS 34427044342_329b78e974_o.jpg

Dutch without bling just a bit of tape.
Oily

Another Daf, unusual stack :bulb:
Oily

DAF_Schlepper cr Huhu Uet  cc by 3.0 _HU 01.jpg

canadian with the big cab

stevejones:

My wife might have parked that…she can’t park between the lines…anywhere. Grandaughter says “Grandad, can you do something about her, she’s an embarrassment when she’s trying to park at the supermarket”. To be fair to the old dear she’s only small and can only just see over the top of the steering wheel…"I’ll get you a cushion to sit on my love"says I …“P*ss off, I can manage” :open_mouth: :unamused:

lol park that correct way and some canadian muppet take your bumper of its 27ft long :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just returned from a couple of weeks in the USA, …music cities tour of Nashville, Memphis, and New Orleans.

The joys of the open road, Interstate 55 last Sunday morning.

Cruise control set at 61 mph…trucks are able to overtake comfortably at that speed (unlike in the UK)

Two weeks old International with ■■■■■■■ X15 lump.The cat on the dashboard is real, in all my years around trucks and transport I’ve never seen a feline in the cab. He also had his wife with him, and she brewed me a strong cup of trucker’s coffee.

And a few months old Freightliner (90,000 miles on the clocK) with a Detroit Diesel lump.

This was taken last Monday morning, the driver had run on Sunday and was early for his delivery at McComb, so he was killing a couple of hours polishing the engine…the truck was absolutely immaculate, not a speck of dirt on it anywhere, he was a black driver, ex-military and it showed, it was a credit to him.

And a few more

There are still many flat trailers on the road in the US, most now have wide-spaced tandem axles, I didn’t quite get the angle correct to show this spacing to the best effect. US flat trailers appeared flimsy compared with ours, maybe because they don’t have deep side raves.

My hire car for the 10 days I had it, it worked out at approx. £30 per day, hired in Nashville, de-hired in New Orleans, and I covered 1,100 miles. Away from the cities traffic density on the Interstate Highways and lesser roads was much lighter than on our Motorways and A roads. I travelled in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana, so maybe our American driving contributors Newmercman and Chris will comment if my experiences are typical? Also there was nothing like the amount of traffic bunching and tailgating that we have over here, US drivers gave much more space and are less aggressive. Just a thought about our 56 mph blanket speed limitation for trucks in the UK compared with the 60 to 65 mph that US truckers run at. I have thought for some time that the 56 mph limit is dangerous and that it leads to bunching and tailgating. Nothing I saw and experienced in my two weeks in the USA alters that opinion.

And the price of fuel in the USA…these are the $ prices per US gallon, and the equivalent UK prices in Imperial gallons are, petrol £2.42 / gallon, Diesel £2.73 per gallon. Incidentally over here the tanker would not have been allowed to deliver with an open forecourt.

oiltreader:
Joking aside Patrick [emoji38] …googled Dutch Seddon dustcart and bingo.
Oily

Nice one Oily!

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

stevejones:

A fine looking machine

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Nice one gingerfold :smiley: , interesting read and photos. It would be interesting to have comparsion US/UK regarding driving hours, rest periods etc and any other cab spy restrictions, perhaps Steve Jones could enlighten us.
The single carriageway part of the A9 Perth to Inverness limit of 50mph for HGVs introduced in 2014 has IMHO made a difference, yet there are dare I say some drivers who don’t seem to take advantage, hourly paid I guess.
Oily

Three of different era’s today, Buzzer.

34583324_10204643865412116_4071218363374764032_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Bottom picture. Chap on the right in light shirt. Isn’t that the legendary dutchman, Rinus Rynart■■?

sandway:

Buzzer:

Bottom picture. Chap on the right in light shirt. Isn’t that the legendary dutchman, Rinus Rynart■■?

Think your right on there " sandway " cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:

Love that Atki picture, with the driver desperately trying to get some heat into the cab. :unamused: :laughing:

Another Mk.1 with a Mk. mirror assembly. :astonished: