Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Leyland600:
Coaches fitted with Foden Two Stroke Engines and Gardner alternative. These brochures from my 1950s collection.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Most interesting! Thanks!

Nice !

Froggy55:

pv83:
Apologies if these have been posted before

I guess the first one is a Leyland Beaver? Strangely, I have no recollection seeing these smart bonneted Leylands durin my 8-year stay in London (1965-73), and thought they were made for export only.

Two courtesy of Dave Fawcett, second one in Spain. Also a fine Spanish example here youtube.com/watch?v=x_GnPQFBkoI
Oily

Israeli couple of Leyland Beavers.
Oily

Thanks to kevmorrow, ERF-NGC_European and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Couple of yesterdayโ€™s snaps.
Oily

Oxfordshire motors, Buzzer

26231610_10215131048248993_6060385593844432542_n.jpg

Buzzer , nice to see the three oxford fleet operators , Two are still going .

5thwheel:

DEANB:
:lol:

A cracking picture Dean,well done!!

Brilliant

David

Few owd uns well owdish?

france%20ackworth%20posted.jpg

Cutler.jpg

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

pv83:

I guess the first one is a Leyland Beaver? Strangely, I have no recollection seeing these smart bonneted Leylands durin my 8-year stay in London (1965-73), and thought they were made for export only.

Two courtesy of Dave Fawcett, second one in Spain. Also a fine Spanish example here youtube.com/watch?v=x_GnPQFBkoI
Oily

I remember seeing some of these Leylands in Spain in 1960,and that heavy metal plate,either on the bonnet side or on the radiator grill, proclaiming proudly
The English Lorry, Leyland.!!

010.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Oily

The second one I saw at the la Fertรฉ-Alais show in 2010. It bore an โ€œel Camion Ingleseโ€ plate

Hi Oily, Bonneted Leyland Beavers and Hippos are prefixed by โ€œSUPERโ€ built mostly for export.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi CJA 1 How many DAFs did Ackworth Transport run? Here is one when it jackknifed on the Eden Bridge, Carlisle in 1969.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Cracking line up of motors !

Just an Astran today, Buzzer

Thanks to Buzzer, CJA1, servo88, Leyland600 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On the weighbridge.
Oily

Weighbridge Griffith Elder cc by sa 3.0 Truck_on_weighbridge. ge jpg.jpg

weighbridge,_Douglas,_Isle_of_Man Kevin Rothwell cc by sa 2 geograph.org.uk-_kr 352285.jpg

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, Bonneted Leyland Beavers and Hippos are prefixed by โ€œSUPERโ€ built mostly for export.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Cheers for the info Leyland 600 :smiley: .
Oily

Interesting test match from TRUCK mag March '86 here. Robert

Most interesting test! Their fuel consumption is close to 29 litres per 100 kms, which is rather good for the time, even with a 32 ton overall weight! I guess the weak point is their confort, which nowadays drivers would be reluctant to do with.