Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Tenby today

IMG_0279.JPG
Ade

Hi Ade, is this the only vehicle allowed in Tenby’s narrow streets. Its a dead loss in a car cant get anywhere near when I was there in early September.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Back in the day we used to race around those streets on a winter’s night. No plod around, except in the tourist season!

Chinese ’ Shacman F3000’ - bit like a Man F2000 anyone■■? - I took the pic on the Hai Van Pass, Vietnam.

Pretty sure I used to own that carriage that I sold to a woman in west wales, Buzzer/

IMG_0279.JPG

Thanks to lurpak and kmills for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Snapped Jamaica Sept. this year, still going strong.
Oily

kmills:
Chinese ’ Shacman F3000’ - bit like a Man F2000 anyone■■? - I took the pic on the Hai Van Pass, Vietnam.

Hi kmills, hadn’t heard of that make so had a look en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaanxi_Automobile_Group
and yes MAN involved.
Cheers
Oily

Lincs.
Oily

Another picture for Robert who knows this motor, Buzzer.

oiltreader:

kmills:

Hi kmills, hadn’t heard of that make so had a look en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaanxi_Automobile_Group
and yes MAN involved.
Cheers
Oily

Wouldn’t “Shagg-man” be a better name…? Sorry, poor attempt of brighten up me saterday night… :unamused: :laughing: Right, I’ll get me coat…

Buzzer:

Ah yes! That picture was taken by the Dutch photo-journalist Niels Jansen. Interestingly, it is seen pulling a trailer of an unrelated company with the same surname. :wink: Robert

youtube.com/watch?v=BU3IXSrF4Rk

youtube.com/watch?v=EXgJlu_IplE

Thanks to Buzzer for the pic :smiley: and Froggy5 for the links :smiley:

Twin steer, twin stack steam wagon.
Oily

Apparently its up for sale B reg 1964, remember the councils had loads of these, Buzzer.

Me? I’d have gone for the door! :unamused:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

Ah yes! That picture was taken by the Dutch photo-journalist Niels Jansen. Interestingly, it is seen pulling a trailer of an unrelated company with the same surname. :wink: Robert

And almost the same address, Robert!

Buzzer:
Pretty sure I used to own that carriage that I sold to a woman in west wales, Buzzer/

IMG_0278[1].JPG

Here’s a better photo Buzzer.

Leyland 600, plenty of room this week everthing is shut, there was a couple of 17 tonners unloading one looked like he had more drops than Santa lol

Ade

Hi Ade, If thats the case even with a lot of drops it will make the drivers day, at least it would have made a change from the usual parking hassle.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

When the F90 (and then F2000) cabs came along, MAN built the Commander and Roadhaus high cabs, but before that the old F8 cab was a flat top. But there were some rare conversions, some of them quite pleasing. I’ve just unearthed three. Robert

640.jpg
MAN-Ipec-NL.jpg

Nice line up of trucks !