Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

009.JPG

This great Jag Classic belongs to The Greek who visits this thread, Regards Larry.
014.JPG

And so does this Camper Van, Regards Larry.

IMG_0574.JPG

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hi Lawrence This AEC Regent III shortened bus chassis fire engine belonging to Paul Pearson has been on the rally scene since 1976 that I know from personal experience. Ex South Shields brigade. I remember attending the 1977 Dundar Rally with my Leyland decker when overnight on the Saturday there was an awful lot of rain, Sunday morning saw the rally site completely flooded with the organiser tearing his hair out. Paul and his band soon solved the problem by laying out hoses down towards the harbour and coupling up to his AEC. In a very short time the site was cleared, these lads are proffessionals. Then the local firemen came along and complained as they would have charged for the service but that was tongue in cheek.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Lawrence This AEC Regent III shortened bus chassis fire engine belonging to Paul Pearson has been on the rally scene since 1976 that I know from personal experience. Ex South Shields brigade. I remember attending the 1977 Dundar Rally with my Leyland decker when overnight on the Saturday there was an awful lot of rain, Sunday morning saw the rally site completely flooded with the organiser tearing his hair out. Paul and his band soon solved the problem by laying out hoses down towards the harbour and coupling up to his AEC. In a very short time the site was cleared, these lads are proffessionals. Then the local firemen came along and complained as they would have charged for the service but that was tongue in cheek.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Well all I can say is Very Well done to the lads, I took this photo a the Red Row Show, The lads in charge of it kept all the young ones amused by turning on all the Sirens Etc, It was a good weekend turnout, It rained at one time, But it didnt spoil the Show, Im looking forward to the next one, God willing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600.

hi Leyland 600
Is that the same Paul Pearson that comes from the Birtley / Chester le Street area ■■?

Tyneside

gilblog.fr/expositions_spect 
 ious-photo
Incidentally found this today on a Russian forum. Looks to me like a Spanish Hippo fitted with a home-made sleeper, but what about the front wheels? Something Americain about them

One careful owner ! :laughing: :wink:

Froggy55:
Fromages de chÚvre en tous genres. Marché saint Romble 18 août 2017. | gilblog | Jean-Pierre Gilbert
Incidentally found this today on a Russian forum. Looks to me like a Spanish Hippo fitted with a home-made sleeper, but what about the front wheels? Something Americain about them

Another interesting gem Froggy :wink: Can’t tell you owt about that unit, but aren’t the wheels called “trilex wheels”? Don’t know if it’s a yank thing, but there were several operators that used them on their wagons on the continent as well
? Mainly because it was much easier to change a tyre when one had a blow out or a puncture
? Might be wrong as usual though
 :wink:

DEANB:

Undercover modus mate

lurpak:
Glastonbury the other week
Ade

Any more pic’s of that Merc campervan thingie perchance
? Looks like a 4x4?

Cheers, Patrick

pv83:

lurpak:

Ade

? Looks like a 4x4?

Cheers, Patrick

Hi Patrick, for sale here xor.org.uk/unimog/uksell/uksell.htm.
Cheers
Oily

Merc 4x4 .jpg

pv83:

Froggy55:
Fromages de chÚvre en tous genres. Marché saint Romble 18 août 2017. | gilblog | Jean-Pierre Gilbert

Another interesting gem Froggy :wink: Can’t tell you owt about that unit, but aren’t the wheels called “trilex wheels”? Don’t know if it’s a yank thing, but there were several operators that used them on their wagons on the continent as well
? Mainly because it was much easier to change a tyre when one had a blow out or a puncture

I started a thread on Trilex wheels a long time ago. Here’s the link:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=96113&p=1404252&hilit=trilex#p1404252

Just bump up the thread if you wish to explore further! Robert

oiltreader:

pv83:

lurpak:
Ade

? Looks like a 4x4?

Cheers, Patrick

Hi Patrick, for sale here xor.org.uk/unimog/uksell/uksell.htm.
Cheers
Oily

Cheers Oily :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

pv83:

Froggy55:

I started a thread on Trilex wheels a long time ago. Here’s the link:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=96113&p=1404252&hilit=trilex#p1404252

Just bump up the thread if you wish to explore further! Robert

Cheers Robert :wink:

Thanks to robthedog, Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, Bewick, Froggy55 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On dashcam, decent load o’sticks at the lights at the Longman roundabout, A9 Inverness, Tore roundabout before catchup, the DAF CF more than able for the job.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to robthedog, Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, Bewick, Froggy55 and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On dashcam, decent load o’sticks at the lights at the Longman roundabout, A9 Inverness, Tore roundabout before catchup, the DAF CF more than able for the job.
Oily

Here are a few breakdowns.Two I’ve put on this site before.

Tony

IMGP0249.JPG

img363.jpg

DEANB:

is this in crewe at truckstop :question: