Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thursday 17.09.2017. Earlier today I was saddened to see on the TV news that the
“Wholesale Fruit & Vegetable Market” in Glasgow had been destroyed by fire.
In the early 1970s, Glasgow Fruit Market was a regular delivery for us drivers
working for Robert Baillie Transport, and I am sure that many of the Trucknet
members, old and young, and from all across the UK, will have been there
many times.

Regards, Ray Smyth.

Scan%2011.jpg

Thanks to Buzzer and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Kenworth and Peterbilt in France with thanks to Dave Fawcett.
Oily

albiondave 26174582263_2003a5477d_ado.jpg

A classic from the Ronnie Cameron collection.
Oily

What make of lorry is that then ? :confused:

grumpy old man:

I’d say Commer Superpoise of early 1940s vintage.
Oily

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

Oily

Spot on Oily, 1939 Aberdeen reg, Thanks for posting the old stuff, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

Oily

Spot on Oily, 1939 Aberdeen reg, Thanks for posting the old stuff, Regards Larry.

OK Larry another old un :slight_smile: , sister wagons and of course faves with Mr gom :sunglasses: .
Oily

At Cherwell Valley Services

Cherwell Valley (1).JPG

Cherwell Valley (4).JPG
Spotted in Toft Hill

Exelby

Exelby & up norh (6).JPG
In natural enviroment listening to Black Dyke Mills band streaming live from Glastonbury when we had some sun

Garden (16).JPG
Ade

oiltreader:

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

Oily

OK Larry another old un :slight_smile: , sister wagons and of course faves with Mr gom :sunglasses: .
Oily

Aye, I like old AEC’s, great motors sadly long gone. WE had 3 Mk V’s at Hargreaves, I got one as a ‘hand me down’ and later turned down a new ERF (■■■■■■■ and Fuller) for a while until the inevitable happened, the AEC’s were sold so it was an ERF or P45. I took the ERF. :smiley:

Hi Oily, the two Highland Haulage heading south over Glasgow Bridge. I can remember these wagons hauling pipes.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi Ade, this is where I started in 55 years ago next Thursday 24 th August 1962 . Looks like Alan Charter’s wagon with an Albion Clydesdale painted in this livery.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thanks to lurpak for the photos :smiley:

A9 at Ardullie, Easter Ross, the Foden sounded good.
Oily

IMG_1340.JotPG.JPG

IMG_1332ot .JPG

Glastonbury the other week

Glastonbury (2).JPG

Glastonbury (6).JPG

Ade

oiltreader:

Lawrence Dunbar:

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

Oily

Oily

Don’t think I’ve seen a setup like that before in that era. Were they artics to avoid having a second man, or wagons and drags?

John

Thanks to lurpak for the pics :smiley:… the opposition.
Oily

Caravans Richard 36062422651_a93447d7b0  rs _k.jpg

Norway

Now then men this will take you back a bit, them Range Rovers looked so basic back then but bet you all remember when you saw the patrols on the roads and motorways unlike today, just plain clothed cars nicking people for speeding or squad cars if there is a bang up, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Now then men this will take you back a bit, them Range Rovers looked so basic back then but bet you all remember when you saw the patrols on the roads and motorways unlike today, just plain clothed cars nicking people for speeding or squad cars if there is a bang up, cheers Buzzer.

And I just bet you would swear in Church as well Buzzer ( If you ever go, or went ! :wink: ) fancy lowering the tone of this thread with a shot of a “Jam sandwich” that has quite clearly ruined that Lad’s day :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

IMG_0564.JPG

002.JPG