Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:
0Ready for tomorrow

Great photo there Dan, Very tidy load too well fastened down IMO A proper job done by a proper driver, :wink: :wink: :wink: , Regards Larry.

Cheers Larry ,it was one of those where when you think that’s it they keep appearing saying there’s just this ect ect :unamused:

Where we you heading for Dan, Regards Larry.

wrighty:
A couple of mine today.

I could do with your ramps rather than my steel back breaker ones :sunglasses:

Cambridge Larry ,then Haverhill to Birmingham and back to load for John nixons next to the Tyne :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Cambridge Larry ,then Haverhill to Birmingham and back to load for John nixons next to the Tyne :laughing:

Good for you Dan, This John Nixons are they the hire firm in Newcastle?, Regards Larry.

Yes ,been going there on n off about 15 yrs ,very nice people .

Lawrence, This Carlisle registered Scania looks very familiar possibly ex Wm Armstrong, Longtown.
Cheers Leyland 600

A couple more small ones.

Leyland600:
Lawrence, This Carlisle registered Scania looks very familiar possibly ex Wm Armstrong, Longtown.
Cheers Leyland 600

Hi Leyland, It was one of Browns of Carlisle, They used to deliver Pirelli tyres to Fords at Dagenham , But Fords insisted that they had to be on a Ford wagon, So Browns traded it in at The County Garage in Carlisle for a Ford Tractor Unit, & My pal at Ponteland Allan Henry & Sons bought it , they still have it as a shunter in there farm for moving trailers about, Its looking a bit shabby now but it still fires up, I drove it several times when their drivers were on holiday, It was a nice motor IMO, Regards Larry.

Punchy Dan:

wrighty:
A couple of mine today.

I could do with your ramps rather than my steel back breaker ones :sunglasses:

Well Dan they are ally but rated to carry 20+ tonnes so weigh a bloody ton, certainly a good way to keep fit.

Cheers Wrighty.

Awesome picture from the past of the Norwegen Volvo pure nostalgia, and just another group from back in the day both of FB, Buzzer.

Thanks to Punchy Dan, wrighty, kevmac47 and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

■■■■■■■ carters, thanks to Richard Says.
Oily

■■■■■■■ Richard 32711356240_bc41171584_rsk.jpg

■■■■■■■ 33187903012_2a44c5d9e1rs_k.jpg

■■■■■■■ 32643846785_61125430cersa1_k.jpg

■■■■■■■ 30920800464_a881f9d6d0rs_o.jpg

■■■■■■■  (6).jpg

One for Leyland600.
Oily

■■■■■■■ Alexander P Kapp cc by sa 2.0 Lawsons_Haulage_Ltd_-_geograph.org.uk_ak-_461353.jpg

Not forgetting Danne and Patrick :slight_smile:
Oily

Parked at Newark for the night

Ade

Hi Oily, I owe Jim Lawson a lot he gave me the chance to become a driver just turned 21 back in 196, no fancy training just he accompanied me in his mouth organ fronted Leyland Comet to Bowaters at Ellesmere Port and loaded back with straw from the Southport area. Then it was a case of get on with it 8 days a week 26 hours a day etc etc as everyone did back then but not from these premises. This is the Gote Mill at Cockermouth the former premises of David Harkness provender merchants who ran a similar Comet, also a Bedfords or two later acquiring a LAD cabbed Leyland Beaver artic. This area has suffered badly being flooded to a considerable depth in the last two serious Cockermouth flooding episodes. I still keep in touch with Jim and his wife.
Here are a couple of relevant photos.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Harkness Cockermouth.jpg

Lawson  Jim & RAO 36.PNG

Hi Oily apart from John Beaty amongst the ■■■■■■■■ hauliers shown I have known personally or driven for them on an odd occasionor or had some other connection, my son worked in Haulage Express traffic office about 15 years ago. In the Duncan Hill pic I knew Duncan in the early days these wagons are in name only and no connection with the original family. Thanks for posting.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Here is todays of FB the first an Irish company nearly always overloaded even on step frames and the second one is MOT exempt and most of us had one of these when we started out in the game and that’s what got us hooked, Buzzer.

Thanks to lurpak, Leyland600 and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Hi Buzzer, a hurlie in our part of the country, oh to come by a Silver Cross pram chassis :laughing:

Dafs.
Oily

A few from this week Tyneside

P1020633.JPG

P1020637.JPG

P1020634.JPG

P1020640.JPG

P1020641.JPG

lurpak:
couple more from Servo88
Ade

Ta for posting mate, some absolute gems there!