Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

mushroomman:

lurpak:
More from India

Ade

I.I.R.C. that’s the Taj Mahal Palace hotel where they had that terrorist attack in Mumbai in 2008, opposite The Gateway of India.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal_Palace_Hotel

earth.google.com/web/@18.921185 … Qi05MHcQAg
Correct, well spotted mushroomman

Ade

Buzzer

353594927_2490506191097802_2810364813236325059_n.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer,
Good afternoon, I see the Beckett Atki is Swansea registered, any more info?
Cheers

Mrsteel:
Buzzer,
Good afternoon, I see the Beckett Atki is Swansea registered, any more info?
Cheers

Sorry mate no more info on the Atki but Barnburgh is near Sheffield (steel country) so may have got transferred from South Wales, someone from there may be able to throw some light on the matter, by the way the first artic I drove a GUY Big J had the reg no VWN 475H, thats back in '73, cheers Buzzer

You don’t mind being blocked in by this old girl

Just delivered a Motor home and hve to go through the pumps to get out
Ade

Buzzer

353839014_6318820271528099_8696953644039384607_n.jpg

Thanks to Buzzer and lurpak for the photos :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.
Oily

Buzzer

Past, in moving pictures.

youtu.be/crTLyvswXeM

I looked for Dig and Spardo, but didn’t notice either of them. :cry:

Star down under.:

youtu.be/crTLyvswXeM

Only had time to watch the first few minutes, I’ll come back to it later, but I reckon I’m the one vaulting the bars. :laughing: Certainly not the bloke asleep on the Mack wing, how the hell did he get away with that while everyone else was doing all the work. BTW, never had a an electric prod in my life. :unamused:

Edit: Seen it now mate, fascinating if a bit non-PC for today’s world, what with chained dozers ripping out trees to make grassland for cows (think of the row over Brazil at the moment) and massive machines ripping out coal for the world’s industry.

But very interesting, and in some small way for me, a reminder of times very definitely, past. :smiley:

Buzzer,
Thanks for the info, re: the Beckett Atki i think there is a possibility that it didn’t start life fitted with that cab but I stand to be corrected. BTW the first artic I drove was a Black Knight Atki KNY 501D back in 1968.
Cheers

Mrsteel:
Buzzer,
Thanks for the info, re: the Beckett Atki i think there is a possibility that it didn’t start life fitted with that cab but I stand to be corrected. BTW the first artic I drove was a Black Knight Atki KNY 501D back in 1968.
Cheers

You are quite right the chassis is a standard Atkinson Borderer with the Skippy cab retro fitted, was talking to the owner last year at the Atkinson gathering. There is also an article about the build in one of the classic magazines a couple of years ago.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Spot on Buzzer!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Spardo:

Star down under.:

youtu.be/crTLyvswXeM

Only had time to watch the first few minutes, I’ll come back to it later, but I reckon I’m the one vaulting the bars. :laughing: Certainly not the bloke asleep on the Mack wing, how the hell did he get away with that while everyone else was doing all the work. BTW, never had a an electric prod in my life. :unamused:

Edit: Seen it now mate, fascinating if a bit non-PC for today’s world, what with chained dozers ripping out trees to make grassland for cows (think of the row over Brazil at the moment) and massive machines ripping out coal for the world’s industry.

But very interesting, and in some small way for me, a reminder of times very definitely, past. :smiley:

No hi viz, safety glasses and wrapping up from head to toe in PPE, it’s a miracle they didn’t die in front of the camera! :wink:

Buzzer

Thanks to Buzzer for the photos :smiley:
Oily

Still working, credit to Richard Says for the photo snapped June 2023 Donny Bypass.

A long-shot here… But my dad, now 87, used to drive one of these, as an RAF reservist at Biggin Hill Aerodrome. There is a Polish company which make models, but it would be beyond him and me to build the model. Anyone on here know if I could buy one “made-up”?

aeroscale.net/news/bedford-refueling-tanker

Buzzer