Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

The red and blue Kenworth comes from the Shaw fleet, owned by a resident of your fine isles, I believe.

I knew that I had a photo of one of Shaw’s somewhere, I.I.R.C. it was taken somewhere around Mount Isa.

They used to have a bumper sticker that read, 'You’re not a real Aussie, until you’ve been to The Isa". :slight_smile:

My first car was a second hand Sunbeam Rapier, I seem to remember that I must have spent more time under it, than I did driving it. :frowning:

And does anybody else still have a Watney’s Red Barrel key ring.

DSC01778.JPG

A close, Pommie mate is normally a calm, laid back sort of fellow, but the sight or mention of a Humber Vogue sends his blood pressure soaring. :laughing:

uniquecarsandparts.com.au/c … mber_vogue

Star down under.:
A close, Pommie mate is normally a calm, laid back sort of fellow, but the sight or mention of a Humber Vogue sends his blood pressure soaring. :laughing:

Better known as the Singer Vogue in the UK both part of the Rootes Group Arrow range of cars SD.

David

5thwheel:

Star down under.:

Better known as the Singer Vogue in the UK both part of the Rootes Group Arrow range of cars SD.

David

As has been explained to me, but I still take every opportunity to bring up the Humber Vogue. :smiling_imp:
I used to own the last model (1969) Snipe, a pretty flash car, in the day.

A Steam & Transport show near Eccleston, Lancashire, at the weekend.

Ray.

Image0102.jpg

Image0088.jpg

Image0087.jpg

Image0080.jpg

Image0072.jpg

Image0071.jpg

These two senior gentleman operators from the past, Buzzer

Thanks to Buzzer, Froggy55, DIG, mushroomman and Ray Smyth for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

On the A66 heading east on to Stainmore 2022.

Mixed cargo 2006 Daryl Fritz doesn’t say where?
Oily

This one near Cowra NSW.
Oily

oiltreader:
Mixed cargo 2006 Daryl Fritz doesn’t say where?
Oily

Ricky Blinko Kenworth.

Buzzer

347236142_902604144138807_3078076089208979523_n.jpg

mushroomman:

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

The red and blue Kenworth comes from the Shaw fleet, owned by a resident of your fine isles, I believe.

I knew that I had a photo of one of Shaw’s somewhere, I.I.R.C. it was taken somewhere around Mount Isa.

They used to have a bumper sticker that read, 'You’re not a real Aussie, until you’ve been to The Isa". :slight_smile:

‘The Isa’ jogs a memory for me, back in '64 or '65 when I was ‘on the beach’ (unemployed or stranded seafarer) down in Sydney, the news was full of a massive strike in the mines there and the bloke who was leading all the trouble, was an immigrant Scotsman. They really made a meal of that. :laughing:

@SDU

I used to own the last model (1969) Snipe, a pretty flash car, in the day.

Me too, great car, leather seats, automatic, and twin heads :smiley:

Broken fan belt on the Brisbane Valley Highway. I couldn’t convince my sister or wife to give up their pantyhose, for the greater good.

Star down under.:
Broken fan belt on the Brisbane Valley Highway. I couldn’t convince my sister or wife to give up their pantyhose, for the greater good.

Same model, even same colour, as mine, only difference was mine had no external visor.
And no requests for female attire were ever needed. :wink:

But I have no doubt would have been volunteered. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:
But I have no doubt would have been volunteered. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The older we get, the better we were. :wink:

Star down under.:

Spardo:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The older we get, the better we were. :wink:

So do they though. My wife has 20 visits a week from health workers, all but one are female and the oldest and sexiest is 64 !! :smiley:

More from India

Ade

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Thats a fair old sheeting job considering its a tilt cover

Suedehead:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Thats a fair old sheeting job considering its a tilt cover

Indeed it is, It must have taken strong arms just to roll it out. Larry.