Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Larrys Variety Photos 018.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

One learns something every day.

Lawrence Dunbar:

I drove one of these Scammell Recovery lorries just before my 18th birthday, having joined R.E.M.E.
Territorial Army at the age of 17. Its registration number was 92 BD 80. It had a petrol engine
from Meadows, and on a journey did about 4 mpg, but off road doing recovery work it was 2mpg.
I passed my driving test on an Army vehicle when I was 17 years and 7 months, but I had done
some learning to drive with my Dad from about the age of 14 on his C0-OP Dairy Morris Commercial
3 Tonner when he did some off road deliveries.

Ray.

Ray Smyth:

Lawrence Dunbar:

I drove one of these Scammell Recovery lorries just before my 18th birthday, having joined R.E.M.E.
Territorial Army at the age of 17. Its registration number was 92 BD 80. It had a petrol engine
from Meadows, and on a journey did about 4 mpg, but off road doing recovery work it was 2mpg.
I passed my driving test on an Army vehicle when I was 17 years and 7 months, but I had done
some learning to drive with my Dad from about the age of 14 on his C0-OP Dairy Morris Commercial
3 Tonner when he did some off road deliveries.

Ray.

Well good for you, Im a Scammell lover myself, My late grandad Smiles drove them when I was a boy, Plus I had many a good ride in them during the school hols, Larry.

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Looking at those one- and two-series Freeway Haulage Scanias makes one wonder where the time’s gone! :open_mouth: I still think of the 142 as a modern truck but that one would be 40 years old this year. The older one would have still been 41, being just a year younger. :unamused:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Looking at those one- and two-series Freeway Haulage Scanias makes one wonder where the time’s gone! :open_mouth: I still think of the 142 as a modern truck but that one would be 40 years old this year. The older one would have still been 41, being just a year younger. :unamused:

They’re both two series, the top one is a 112 and the bottom one a 142.
Sorry for being pedantic. :blush:

Buzzer

Star down under.:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

They’re both two series, the top one is a 112 and the bottom one a 142.
Sorry for being pedantic. :blush:

No, the top one is a 111, the middle one’s a 112 and the bottom one is a 142. Are you looking at the same picture? :laughing:

Buzzer