Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Deleted.

Froggy55:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looks like a Soviet Avto.

That’s a Railton

albion1938:

Froggy55:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Looks like a Soviet Avto.

That’s a Railton

Spot on, Its a Railton Fairmile 1936.

Thanks to Buzzer, tyneside, Lawrence Dunbar and ERF-NGC-European for the photos :smiley: and Carryfast’s link :smiley: spoilt by the howling prat behind the wheel whose name escapes me thankfully.
Oily
Five off the boat at Lochmaddy North UIst last Friday with vittals for the Islanders.

Found these last Friday, all being shipped abroad.

Ade

lurpak:
Ade

Hi ade ,great find ,those Allards were very rare ,seem to remember they were entered in Monte Carlo rallies and the like ,regards Keith

I’d completely forgotten Allard existed. Thanks for posting.

kingswinford kit:

lurpak:
Ade

Hi ade ,great find ,those Allards were very rare ,seem to remember they were entered in Monte Carlo rallies and the like ,regards Keith

Bugger, I was going to show off there as I recognised them straightaway, but you beat me to it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I don’t recognise the year though, nor if there were any other models. Do you know that Keith?

lurpak:
Ade

Interesting! I had never heard about Allard cars before:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allard_Motor_Company

Froggy55:

lurpak:
Ade

Indeed, very interesting Froggy, especially the classic K1, the only model I remember and was amused to see that it had a 3-speed gearbox. Who needs more with such power available?
I once owned a 1950s Lagonda, another rarity, the engine was so powerful that the first gear, lost in faulty linkage, was not needed. I still beat all comers away from the lights in 2nd. :laughing:

Spardo:

Froggy55:

lurpak:
Ade

Indeed, very interesting Froggy, especially the classic K1, the only model I remember and was amused to see that it had a 3-speed gearbox. Who needs more with such power available?
I once owned a 1950s Lagonda, another rarity, the engine was so powerful that the first gear, lost in faulty linkage, was not needed. I still beat all comers away from the lights in 2nd. :laughing:

Allard was an interesting bloke. I think he was the man who built Britain’s first real (as in US-style slingshot) dragster that he ran at Blackbushe. He also modified road cars (mainly, I recall, Fords) and rallied them too. Surprised some have said they had not heard of Allard. They ran in the Monte Carlo rally in the 50s and 60s.

Buzzer

Thanks to lurpak and Buzzer for the photos :smiley: :smiley: also Froggy55 for the link :smiley:
Oily
I remember Allard cars, defo brawn before beauty.

Suction excavator a bit different to one I posted earlier, credit to Alexandre Prevot of Nancy for the photo.
les-suceuses-de-lest.fr/locatio … piratrice/
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to lurpak and Buzzer for the photos :smiley: :smiley: also Froggy55 for the link :smiley:
Oily
I remember Allard cars, defo brawn before beauty.

Whoaah, can’t agree with that Oily, beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder and in the eye of this beholder, definitely beautiful. :laughing: :laughing: :smiley:

Buzzer