Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Just a gentle reminder to those of that era, articles featured are not mine off FB, Buzzer

Spardo:

tyneside:
Couple of North East car dealers

The Austin is the model that my Dad made me buy (because he had to sign the HP agreement), not very cool, but the Zephyr was one the the several Fords I later bought after ‘independance’ day. :laughing:

I drove several A35s and loved them! Good fun to sling around despite low power. Similar fun and chuckability to the later, and better, minis!

Dipster:

Spardo:

tyneside:

The Austin is the model that my Dad made me buy (because he had to sign the HP agreement), not very cool, but the Zephyr was one the the several Fords I later bought after ‘independance’ day. :laughing:

I drove several A35s and loved them! Good fun to sling around despite low power. Similar fun and chuckability to the later, and better, minis!

Can’t say as that occurred to me, Dipster, I just tried to be anonymous when I was driving it. :blush:

For Oily
This just turned up on F/B on the Bell brothers site A large transport earth moving company of that time I have lifted the photos hope that’s not treading on any toes but it was one of the Bells truck of 1960 era pretty sad now but some detail the water bag holder mounted in front of the headlights perhaps they didn’t drive at night in those days also it was powered by a Rolls engine I understand.
I don’t think it was used in the cattle industry although they did own a cattle station which used Mack and KW prime movers later on.

Dig

Sunday specials, Buzzer

284798732_5542106482489313_2727560786902284147_n.jpg

Spardo:

Dipster:

Spardo:

tyneside:

Can’t say as that occurred to me, Dipster, I just tried to be anonymous when I was driving it. :blush:

Graham Hill used to race one I believe. It was pepped up a touch by a company called Speedwell in which he may have had a financial interest.

tyneside:
Gateshead Corporation Vehicles

Tyneside

Great photo of a Chaseside rope shovel. The backbone of materials handling in 1940s yards and quarries. Having seen a period film of one in action, it seems the man on the shovel could not quite be dispensed with.

Dipster:
Graham Hill used to race one I believe. It was pepped up a touch by a company called Speedwell in which he may have had a financial interest.

Graham Hill left his engineering position at Lotus to join Speedwell as Workshop Foreman, He later become part owner & chairman.

Any parts Speedwell related have become very collectable, to a point that there is a lot of fake Speedwell products about.

Buzzer:
Sunday specials, Buzzer

Could the Atkinson possibly be an early Dukes of Portadown vehicle, sign written in a customers name, the registration the way the fleet number is displayed & the way the colour scheme is applied make
me think it could be.

Remember seeing Wades from Tottenham around so really jogged the grey matter, I can’t remember any form of recycling around in the era the photo of the waste paper lorry was taken.

DIG:
For Oily
This just turned up on F/B on the Bell brothers site A large transport earth moving company of that time I have lifted the photos hope that’s not treading on any toes but it was one of the Bells truck of 1960 era pretty sad now but some detail the water bag holder mounted in front of the headlights perhaps they didn’t drive at night in those days also it was powered by a Rolls engine I understand.
I don’t think it was used in the cattle industry although they did own a cattle station which used Mack and KW prime movers later on.

Dig

Nice one thanks DIG, nature taking its toll, a machine akin to humanity itself and refusing to give in to the ageing process.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks to servo88, Buzzer, tyneside and DIG for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
From the PS collection, proudly features the three feathers symbol of Wales, can’t make out what it says on the cab door.

Atkinson BedfordAl 26455205852_f668fa6308_b.jpg

IMG_4324.JPG

tyneside:
Few more Tyneside

Parsons’ Turbinia, the boat that changed ship propulsion in the early 20th century.