Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

I’d bet he still hasn’t got his full whack on ! Still going, hadn’t realised they’d run Scammels! NMP off FB

Lawrence Dunbar:

Oooo err

Monday morning edition, Buzzer

262418771_3055951834618683_285488783115119909_n.jpg

262054241_3055954757951724_2165246204277955863_n.jpg

A brief demo of John Murphy’s V8.540 D-Series tipper

youtube.com/watch?v=uNS0KPXzcvM

2 May 1986
A3058
Brighton Garage
Brighton Cross
Truro Cornwall
Eng

PGL 637R
Flt No 1812
Shelvoke and Drewry refuse collector .
Built 1977, untaxed 1884

Tuesdays tipple, Buzzer

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, coomsey, Buzzer, Pyewacket947v for the pics also ParkRoyal2100 for the link :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
A tipper or two.

Tipper Highland IMG_0207 fb.jpg

Tipper eastleighbusman 49897189482_ccb3925da5_k.jpg

Shap when drivers were tough, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Shap when drivers were tough, Buzzer

Iconic pictures Buzzer, not a frequent route for me, from Nottingham to ■■■■■■■ and Scotland the natural route was A 1 Scotch Corner and A 66. Only when I backloaded myself from the SW or Wales did I pass that way.

There are pictures around of the old A 66 in severe conditions and I did of course experience those. Stainmore cafe with its large parking, roaring fire and good food was a welcome sight in those days. Haven’t been that way for many years, is there a similar memorial over there?

Stainless steel doodahs for this job, when men were men :unamused: NMP off FB

coomsey:

Great picture Coomsey, It looks like late 1960s or early 1970s. The " Trade Plate " on the front is from Bristol,
so I am thinking this is probably a Bristol RE bus chassis. Up until the late 1960s, most Bristol bus and coach
chassis were bodied at Eastern Coachworks at Lowestoft in Suffolk, a 255 mile journey. It must have been a
dreadful trip, particularly in winter weather. At least their return trip would have been in a complete vehicle.

Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

coomsey:

Great picture Coomsey, It looks like late 1960s or early 1970s. The " Trade Plate " on the front is from Bristol,
so I am thinking this is probably a Bristol RE bus chassis. Up until the late 1960s, most Bristol bus and coach
chassis were bodied at Eastern Coachworks at Lowestoft in Suffolk, a 255 mile journey. It must have been a
dreadful trip, particularly in winter weather. At least their return trip would have been in a complete vehicle.

Ray Smyth.

Would they always have something to drive back in Ray? Or were they one of those forlorn figures on the side of the road with the plates? Did they have seat belts, I can’t see one in the picture, and defo I would have needed some goggles I reckon.

coomsey:

My God that’s spooky. I was looking at this pic only last night when I was searching for pics of the Glasgow Atlantean that had been converted from double to single deck and was going to post it. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Dennis Javelin:

coomsey:

My God that’s spooky. I was looking at this pic only last night when I was searching for pics of the Glasgow Atlantean that had been converted from double to single deck and was going to post it. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I recall when “I were a Lad” in the late 50’s early 60’s there used to be regular convoys of those bare chassis running south through Kendal all Albions from memory bur they wern’t hanging about so they must have had a warm up at the Jungle and defrosted/ dried out to carry on south at speed ! Cheers Bewick.