Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

That pic’ of Leman St ain’t how I remember it. I don’t remember the leaning tower of Hackney either. When was it?

Few cattle waggons this morning, Buzzer

peterm:
That pic’ of Leman St ain’t how I remember it. I don’t remember the leaning tower of Hackney either. When was it?

1985, It made the TV news, The block was stuck halfway down and leaning for a while.
I am not 100% sure the flats where in Hackney but as i recall i was somewhere in Hackney when i took the picture.

pyewacket947v:

peterm:

1985, It made the TV news, The block was stuck halfway down and leaning for a while.
I am not 100% sure the flats where in Hackney but as i recall i was somewhere in Hackney when i took the picture.

Yes definitely Hackney

Kempston 15B1BC5B-AFC7-408E-9F0B-3A09750EB2EC.jpeg

30 November 1985
Christian Salvesen/Sainsbury RDC
Droitwich Spa
Worcs
Eng.

B675 GSX
Mercedes NG 1621 in Sainsbury livery.
I do not recall how this happened, but it was not me, Honest.!

pyewacket947v:

peterm:

Thanks. I’d been over here since '74 so didn’t get to hear about it. I wonder how they finished it off. I remember a disaster over here when a building was blown down with explosives. A 13 year old girl was standing a long way from it, but was hit and killed by a lump of debris.

Andrew Morrison:
Out for a walk in rural France today & came upon this still working had new tyres & battery too lol0

One of the ultimate Saviem SG2, with the restyled plastic grille. I think they made them until 1982 (Renault badged from 1980 to 1982), when it was replaced by the Renault B 70.

Monday mix, Buzzer

242900341_3008537542693446_2688790976485819758_n.jpg

242703391_3009059325974601_235413422780385751_n.jpg

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, lurpak, Lawrence Dunbar, pyewacket947v, Andrew Morrison, Kempston, old 67 and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and also a lot of craic :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Commers Patrick.

Love that 6 wheel Commer, location looks to be the Guildhall City of London…

Guy Big J 8lxb:

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, lurpak, Lawrence Dunbar, pyewacket947v, Andrew Morrison, Kempston, old 67 and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and also a lot of craic :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Commers Patrick.

That would be at the “Cart Marking” ceremony. Stuart Ritchie is an enthusiastic supporter
of the charity, and a well known vintage vehicle restorer in County Durham. That Commer
has been owned by the company since new. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Guy Big J 8lxb:

oiltreader:
Oily

Commers Patrick.

That would be at the “Cart Marking” ceremony. Stuart Ritchie is an enthusiastic supporter
of the charity, and a well known vintage vehicle restorer in County Durham. That Commer
has been owned by the company since new. Regards Kev.

Thanks for the reply and interesting info Kev…

Regards
Ray

Hi all, yes buzzer love a bit of Spam with fried egg and bean’s and a bit of bread and butter, what more could you want. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, yes buzzer love a bit of Spam with fried egg and bean’s and a bit of bread and butter, what more could you want. :sunglasses:

Spam dip in milk flour egg mix yum fritters many time :laughing:
Oily

gerbil sb152:

That’s enough of that thank you, you’re setting my taste buds going, any more Trans.Cafe menus and i could be persuaded to dust my licence off and help to solve the nations driver shortage. :smiley:
A bit of ‘rest day’ working delivering to petrol stations will do nicely. No top loading now so I wouldn’t need to climb on top of the bloody things.

P.S. I’d exchange the bread and butter for a nice thick slice of fried bread. :laughing:

gerbil sb152:

Brown sauce?

The Quayside Cafe owned by Geordie Dunn on Newcastle Quayside was renowned for his fried spam sarnies, He never did bacon , But when he retired and his son took over the bacon appeared allong with black pudding too, Larry.

Thanks to Buzzer, gazsa401, neversweat1, Ray Smyth, Andrew Morrison, Leyland600, Lawrence Dunbar, pyewacket947v and Kempston for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily
North of the Border.

TKN Fl Scotch IMG_4394.jpg

Pinches of Worcester, credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Worcs Richard 44929722785_7b2d423202_k.jpg

Worcs Richard 43092623630_c7e6266269_k.jpg

Hi Kempston, Keeping up with the Joneses :laughing:
Oily

Kempston 15B1BC5B-AFC7-408E-9F0B-3A09750EB2EC.jpeg

Nice old motor waiting to be saved, Buzzer