Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Is it me or is that coppers hat not big enough, looks like a turd on a round of beef, Buzzer.

Heres another.

246467CE-30E9-45AB-A0E4-2CC25C98D35D.jpeg

Drove up here this afternoon, you wouldn’t recognise it, absolutely rammed! Stop start all the way from the M25 mainly due imo to the idiots in charge of the the speed change signs ! If they switched the bloody things off and just let the traffic flow it would be 100% better, also spent millions on converting it to a smart motorway then don’t open the hard shoulder up as the added lane when it’s needed, thank god I no longer drive for a living, couldn’t cope with this ■■■■ everyday anymore.

The characters from the television program are from Dixon of Dock green in the 1950 s.

robinswh:
The characters from the television program are from Dixon of Dock green in the 1950 s.

We need names, Dixon is there and DC Andy Crawford but who are the others ?

Thursdays trifles, Buzzer.

And two more, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
While we are at it anyone remember these characters, B

The chap on the left was actor Jack Warner who played the main character " PC George Dixon "
The actor on the right was Peter Byrne who played " DC Andy Crawford ". Later on in the series,
Andy Crawford married the daughter of George Dixon. I am giving my age away here, knowing this. :smiley:

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Another Bristol Seaways motor.

A01534.JPG

Ray Smyth:

Buzzer:
While we are at it anyone remember these characters, B

The chap on the left was actor Jack Warner who played the main character " PC George Dixon "
The actor on the right was Peter Byrne who played " DC Andy Crawford ". Later on in the series,
Andy Crawford married the daughter of George Dixon. I am giving my age away here, knowing this. :smiley:

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Jack Warner died in '81 age 86 and Peter Byrne at 90 in 2018. Must have been something in the water at those studios. :wink:

Caribbean cab NMP

The other Dixon of Dock Green actors were, Arthur Rigby as the Station Sgt a part he played in the theatre version of The Blue Lamp and in the Blue Lamp film with Jack Warner. The WP Sgt was Moira Mannion as Grace Millard who in later episodes became Detective Sgt, she died quite young at 46 yrs. The younger girl Jeanette Hutchinson played Dixon’s daughter Mary who later married Andy Crawford, she is possibly the only one still alive today. A lot of up and coming Actors had roles in Dock Green, Sean Connery was in a 1956 episode. Like many homes in the 50’s/60’s Dixon of Dock Green was a regular watch in our house on a Saturday teatime. Franky.

Frankydobo:
The other Dixon of Dock Green actors were, Arthur Rigby as the Station Sgt a part he played in the theatre version of The Blue Lamp and in the Blue Lamp film with Jack Warner. The WP Sgt was Moira Mannion as Grace Millard who in later episodes became Detective Sgt, she died quite young at 46 yrs. The younger girl Jeanette Hutchinson played Dixon’s daughter Mary who later married Andy Crawford, she is possibly the only one still alive today. A lot of up and coming Actors had roles in Dock Green, Sean Connery was in a 1956 episode. Like many homes in the 50’s/60’s Dixon of Dock Green was a regular watch in our house on a Saturday teatime. Franky.

Well done to you Sir, I like you watched that in our house but it shows our age, :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer.

Buzzer:
And two more, Buzzer.

Nice pictures Buzzer,thanks.
Fred Greenwood and Alfred Hymas are regulars in the area where I live in Thirsk. Hymas’ yard is on the old Quernhow Cafe site on the A6005 which runs at side of A1M.

Friday collection, Buzzer

218276161_10225182927221906_770168905399189206_n.jpg

187488992_4280887168601623_5339778031226233961_n.jpg

Nice pic of a Kilerci Volvo, Buzzer! ^^^

233081298_1989865887834322_8810225674890654704_n.jpg

Here’s a pic I took in Turkey in about 1997 of another of theirs, a couple of registration numbers above yours. They were based in the Istanbul area.

Ro

Buzzer:

That Greenaways trailer looks like a ex Comart Alcan Dorsey, built in the US.

pyewacket947v:

Buzzer:

Greenaways used to do alot of bananas, they had to be kept warm not chilled, Buzzer

Buzzer:

pyewacket947v:

Buzzer:

Greenaways used to do alot of bananas, they had to be kept warm not chilled, Buzzer

22877DE4-7349-4948-B604-F1D3CC71A39F.jpeg

Old times and some Volvo’s, Buzzer