Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

elsa Lad:

Punchy Dan:
New Volvo

Very impressive Dan, you did a good job with the trailer, bet you was disappointed when that job didn’t come off so you had no use for trailer.

Thank you ,I was disappointed that after 24 yrs of faithful service the parent company or the manager didn’t tell me it was to be shut down although I still had a use for it they are in short supply and a good price was agreed as I didn’t need to sell but Josh wanted it .

A DAF bread and cakes van of Poundbakery delivering to one of their shops in Market Place, Wigan
earlier today. I think Poundbakery is part of Sayers Bakery from Liverpool. I wonder what can be
bought for just £1,00, perhaps 1 sausage roll, or maybe 1 custard tart. :slight_smile:

Ray Smyth.

Photo0485.jpg

Another bakery van, a Mercedes Benz of Greenhalghs bakery from Lostock, near Bolton delivering in Wigan town centre. 2/8/2021.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0483.jpg

A DHL Volkswagen van delivering to NatWest Bank in Standishgate, Wigan town centre earlier today. 2/8/2021.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0481.jpg

Buzzer:
Sorry to disappoint you all but the caption with this picture said it was Shap, Buzzer.

My sense of humour too Buzzer, I genuinely just laughed out loud.

15007C83-5FD6-4634-9DC7-22B096441857.jpeg

This trailer looks very much like a transport company that used to operate out of Bedford, can’t for the life of me remember what there name was, no longer in existence, they used to do a lot of pharmaceuticals work out of Bedford also 3M .

Tuesday’s tempters, Buzzer.

Kempston:

This trailer looks very much like a transport company that used to operate out of Bedford, can’t for the life of me remember what there name was, no longer in existence, they used to do a lot of pharmaceuticals work out of Bedford also 3M .

Think it had Honda on the side, seen quite a few been pulled by different haulier’s so I guess a batch must come up for sale

That Marshall’s Volvo brings a memory for me. They had a place at the top of a very steep hill at Southowram and I got myself a backload from them with my 4 wheeler Albion back in the 60s. The very steep climb empty up to their yard was fine, but the trip back down fully loaded was a totally different story. 1st gear with everything locked I crept down and only stopped just before the main road at the bottom. A place I never visited again. :smiley:

Whoops,

Spardo:
That Marshall’s Volvo brings a memory for me. They had a place at the top of a very steep hill at Southowram and I got myself a backload from them with my 4 wheeler Albion back in the 60s. The very steep climb empty up to their yard was fine, but the trip back down fully loaded was a totally different story. 1st gear with everything locked I crept down and only stopped just before the main road at the bottom. A place I never visited again. :smiley:

Spardo.I went with the drivers from Butlers from Maltby back in the 70’s.I remember taking a load of sand from Butlers own sand quarry at Mattersey to Southowram but can’t remember much about what route we took.I was 11 yrs old & just having a great time watching the driver in a Foden S36 8 wheeler with a Gardner engine & 12 speed box arms everwhere I was mesmorised.Here is the all British fleet back in the 70’s.They were taken over in 1979 by Tarmac.

paul motyka:

Spardo:

Spardo.I went with the drivers from Butlers from Maltby back in the 70’s.I remember taking a load of sand from Butlers own sand quarry at Mattersey to Southowram but can’t remember much about what route we took.I was 11 yrs old & just having a great time watching the driver in a Foden S36 8 wheeler with a Gardner engine & 12 speed box arms everwhere I was mesmorised.Here is the all British fleet back in the 70’s.They were taken over in 1979 by Tarmac.0

Just had a look on Google at that hill, 16% the sign says, bloody hell that’s 1:6 in old money isn’t it, no wonder I was clenching coming down loaded. And no wonder your driver was playing some tunes with his 12-speed going up it loaded. :laughing:

Thanks to Buzzer, Ray Smyth and paul motyka for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Shetland Transport( Buzzer post photo) bought out by DFDS 2016.
Oily

Buzzer 228052241_2969695549910979_4686652470063621773_n.jpg

Shetland Transport 2016 Inverness.
Oily

Livestock wagons in and around Inverness and Dingwall.
Oily

Wednesday wonders, Buzzer

232848276_3171729796387880_521430462333910277_n.jpg

231980723_4047928111922732_646118753931496936_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Sorry to disappoint you all but the caption with this picture said it was Shap, Buzzer.

Edward Becks Scammell low loader taking cables up to Scotland,a regular load back in the day,Beck’s being based in Stockport.

David

While we are at it anyone remember these characters, B

Another nice bit of nostalgia! NMP

Thanks to Buzzer and ERF-NGC-European for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Yes officer.