Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

robthedog:

blue estate:

robthedog:
One for oily

A few RM Marina vans

New pastures

Wrong colour I reckon ?

I reckon they are RM vans from the early seventies. You can just about make out the old style RM crown logo on the van sitting on the swan neck.

Post Office Red seems to have got lighter over the years even though it’s all supposed to be Cherry Red – BS538. Mind you, I have seen black cherries :wink:

Loaded for Luing on Monday

Moving Buddha

Roro delivery to Brockloch wind farm yesterday

You are in Gods country up there Dan is the wind farm trying to outdo the Galloway Hydro Scheme built in 1935 -7 with the same water put through 6 power stations before reaching the Solway Firth at Kirkcudbright, Tongland being the last powr station. I took many loads of bulk cement up through the Galloway hills to the Tairlaw dam being built in 1974 with my ERF then Foden S80 bulk powder tanker.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Are they the curved wall dams above loch Ken ? I’ve done 3 jobs up there recently strangley for 3 different unconnected customers .

Leyland600:
You are in Gods country up there Dan is the wind farm trying to outdo the Galloway Hydro Scheme built in 1935 -7 with the same water put through 6 power stations before reaching the Solway Firth at Kirkcudbright, Tongland being the last powr station. I took many loads of bulk cement up through the Galloway hills to the Tairlaw dam being built in 1974 with my ERF then Foden S80 bulk powder tanker.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Similar colours on your ERF to my Dads .

Punchy Dan:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Dan, This motor has a Gateshead Reg, Do you know who owned it before you got it, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Dan, This motor has a Gateshead Reg, Do you know who owned it before you got it, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry I think he bought from Preston area ,it had been modified to be high up for tipping in to a hopper I think he said ?

John Buxton fray LONGRIDGE :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

Is that who would of run it from new lance ?
Do you know what is was doing ?

Yes they are mostly arch dams but with varying radius depending on the valley side profiles. Some of the power station buildings are now listed buildings.
Leyland 600

No he got it from a sawmill near Hexham i think he had 2 but he did run it on local tipper work for a good few years

robthedog:
One for oily

Street cred would take a hit driving that Rob, no room for a night out gear.
Oily

Thanks to robthedog, Lawrence Dunbar, Punchy Dan and Leyland600 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily.

Leeming Bar 2019.

Load transfer at Dingwall June 2020.
Oily

TKN General IMG_3740 (1).jpg

D R Mcleod at Inverness April 2021

Lance Biscomb:

Was he a dealer as he traded the V8 ■■■■■■■ Ford in against it ? It had double mono leaf over slung springs on the drive axle and super singles and a trailing axle ,father had some level springs made and put 1000 by 20s on to get the height down .he had to do this as fine lime ran to the front of the body ,these springs he had made twisted with a load of spar on near Reeth as it turned out they hadn’t been tempered properly.

oiltreader:
Load transfer at Dingwall June 2020.
Oily

Might be a stupid question but could they have not just swapped trailers?