Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:
Three pics with Scammell power. Cracking Picture of a good old Scammell 1947 Reg, The best you could get in their day pity they stopped making them, My old Grandad swore by them when he worked for Currie & Co Ltd Newcastle & then Pickfords when nationalisation took over. Regards Larry.
oily

ramone:

oiltreader:
Another couple of working wagons.
oily

My brother worked for Bakers started with a 240 F88 chrome grill type ,then i think a F12 and then a 2800 Daf,they had some ergo AECs many moons ago suppose no one as any pictures LKU 103G is the 1 i would like to see

I have a few of H Baker Haulage, here’s a couple.
oily

H Baker DAF.jpg

oiltreader:
A couple shots of Mirfield, recognisable to some of you I’m sure.
oily

Just the same today 50 years on, only the vehicles have changed, the road is a nightmare most of the day.

oiltreader:
Last today, a tight squeeze for Collet in Kessington.
oily

Great picture, but I now want to see the next two or three! How do you get out of that■■?

A Commer or two.
oily

Commer1956.jpg

Commer 5t R J Winnicott.jpg

Commer T E Burton.jpg

Last one today.
Having braced the bridge approach, makes you wonder, what about the main part, he’s a brave guy standing at the front of the bogie.
oily

oiltreader:

ramone:

oiltreader:
Another couple of working wagons.
oily

My brother worked for Bakers started with a 240 F88 chrome grill type ,then i think a F12 and then a 2800 Daf,they had some ergo AECs many moons ago suppose no one as any pictures LKU 103G is the 1 i would like to see

I have a few of H Baker Haulage, here’s a couple.
oily

Nice 1 Oily,my brother had a T reg Daf 2800 i cant make out the registration on this 1 ,the f12 in the bottom picture was the 1 he drove for a while, LKU 103G was an old Mandator they had ,a company my dad worked for bought it via a dealer but it had seen better days.They also had at least 1 Mammoth Minor.Thanks again :smiley:

oiltreader:
Another four.
oily

HI oiltrader What wonderful photos of Guys . Do you have any of Crow’sTransport Gateshead Regards crowbar

oiltreader:
Three pics with Scammell power.
oily

Hi Oily the pictures of Isaac Barrie are when it was nationalized as the trailer is Pickfords 32 wheel solid tired bogies rated for 120 tons and they were in service until the late 70s and you had to keep your speed under 20 mph other wise they would start snaking and the solid tyre was prone to sinking into the road surface in hot weather which I have experienced a couple of times. :laughing: :unamused: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Oily your a star, what some great pic’s your putting on mate, hope you don’t run out. :smiley:

altitude:
Oily your a star, what some great pic’s your putting on mate, hope you don’t run out. :smiley:

Thanks for that, quite a lot to come, in fact many and varied, cheers.
oily

A couple from Pollock.
oily

Pollock_Scotrans_A.jpg

And one blown over during the high winds, end of last year.
oily

Some Renault promotional stuff.
oily

Looking for a home and some kindly soul committed to restoration.
oily

Recovery.jpg

crowbar:

oiltreader:
Another four.
oily

HI oiltrader What wonderful photos of Guys . Do you have any of Crow’sTransport Gateshead Regards crowbar

Hi crowbar, I do have other Crow pictures but not of Gateshead unfortunately, also I still have a pile of Guy stuff which is in the pipeline for posting, cheers.
oily