Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thank you for the info, the depot at Ramsbottom may have been Knowles ? Regards Larry.

A couple shots of Mirfield, recognisable to some of you I’m sure.
oily

Mirfield in the 1960s.jpg

Dodge on the High Street.jpg

Top early Shell lorry, before tankers and when fuel was carried in drums and cans, bottom first frameless Shell tanker.
oily

shell-frameless-tanker.jpg

Todays Shell tanker is quite a contrast.
oily

I don’t think there were too many of these around.
oily

TNT was discussed earlier, well here’s some of there later models.
oily

Lawrence Dunbar:
Thank you for the info, the depot at Ramsbottom may have been Knowles ? Regards Larry.

I think it was Inter County Express at Ramsbottom who TNT took over .TNT were on Railway St i remember their large fleet of Marathons,Cormar Carpets were on the same street

I somehow thought it was station road Ramone, I remember coming off the motorway, passing Hinchcliffes yard with a row of Dennis four wheelers lined up, turning down a hill then turning left into the road with the depot down it. I finished there in 1988 & I miss the blokes who worked there, they were a good gang to work with.

You’re right about the Marathons based there, then came a fleet of ERF C series with the big high sleepers on them straight 8 Gardners in them. I think they’d have been Y reg. Long time ago.

BB

Start today with an Atkinson or two, Croan for Kippers I remember from my youth there was also Claben Kippers, both ran south from Northeast Scotland in the 50s.
oily

Atkinson Thomas Gibb.jpg

Atkinson with plane.jpg

Atkinson Munro.jpg

Another three on parade.
oily

Atkinson Malcolm.jpg

Henry Venables of Stafford thro’ the years.
oily

Henry Venables volvo.jpg

Mid 60s snapshot from Accrington.
oily

Nice tidy load on this Humber McVeigh Renault.
oily

Another couple of working wagons.
oily

Three pics with Scammell power.
oily

Scammells bruce peebles transformer for portobello power station 1952.jpg

Phillips of Seahouses pair.
oily

Image deleted, reason, wrong information.
oily

Basilbrush:
I somehow thought it was station road Ramone, I remember coming off the motorway, passing Hinchcliffes yard with a row of Dennis four wheelers lined up, turning down a hill then turning left into the road with the depot down it. I finished there in 1988 & I miss the blokes who worked there, they were a good gang to work with.

You’re right about the Marathons based there, then came a fleet of ERF C series with the big high sleepers on them straight 8 Gardners in them. I think they’d have been Y reg. Long time ago.

BB

I thought it was station rd too maybe the level crossing had something to do with it but i cheated and googled it ,i used to be a regular at Trinity paper mills just before the crossing,thats closed too now

oiltreader:
Another couple of working wagons.
oily

My brother worked for Bakers started with a 240 F88 chrome grill type ,then i think a F12 and then a 2800 Daf,they had some ergo AECs many moons ago suppose no one as any pictures LKU 103G is the 1 i would like to see