Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

EW car truck & bus:
DENNIS,

Nice to see you here, haven’t seen you here recently or since our last catch up at start of lockdown!

Hope you and Mrs Smith are both keeping ok in these ever continuing strange times! :question: Been back in work since late May following 7 weeks of furlough and arriving at my 60th during the period, far to old to be dealing with the changing market place and we still have some 40% of staff still away :cry: so very difficult for those of us at work and surprisingly doing all but what we used to previously and producing very palatable p&L results, however the toll on the body is not sustainable!

Unfortunately with the uncertainty continuing and spiralling downwards even more difficult waters are up ahead :blush: , i see that our Leatherhead compatriot is still at large and causing mayhem here and there :unamused: some things never change.

Anyway good to catch up and hope all is well.

Regards,

E.W.

Hiya E.W.
We are both OK thanks! Pleased to hear your back and working hard to try and return to pre Virus levels, fingers arms and legs crossed ! :wink: But I fear the business landscape will have been changed probably permanently and the worst is yet to unfold ! :frowning: However, on a brighter note :laughing: our Leatherhead “Knowledge box” has taken to the keyboard with a vengeance and is attempting to rewrite the history of British HGV engine development from the '50’s through to it’s demise in the 80’s ! It will be interesting to read his final summary on the project which no doubt will be just as balls aching as his well “Googled” resume trotted out over the past weeks :unamused: Unless of course he just “fizzles” and transfers his attention to another thread that no doubt will catch his eye and require his assistance ! :blush: Regards Dennis.

Meanwhile back in the day…

pv83:

Ah ha, Dennis has gone for the ‘retro look’ then Patrick! :laughing: Great pic, one man on his own doing what previously would have needed several without the crane and not much manual labour involved.

Pete.

windrush:

pv83:

Ah ha, Dennis has gone for the ‘retro look’ then Patrick! :laughing: Great pic, one man on his own doing what previously would have needed several without the crane and not much manual labour involved.

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing:

This location is a very busy " Traffic Light " junction on the A577 in the centre of Pemberton,near Wigan.
Just half a mile to the right of these pictures is Junction 26 of the M6 Motorway, and start of the M58.

Ray.

Photo0230.jpg

Cattle truck today, how trailers have moved on in time this being an older model, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Cattle truck today, how trailers have moved on in time this being an older model, Buzzer

Hi Buzzer Bit nerdy I know but Parkhouse Coachworks have an interesting website and Facebook page showing their recent models from Farmers trailers to 4 deckers. As you say how things have moved on in the last 30 years or so. Tyneside.

Thanks to Punchy Dan, pv83, Ray Smyth and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Livestock wagons up north.
Oily

Livestock FB Abn fb 14189696853_5ff9ff8e05_rcc k.jpg

Livestock FB Abn 41779440182_64c66ca5f1_o fb.jpg

Livestock IMG_3212.jpg

Livestock Highland IMG_4215 fb.jpg

These courtesy of Peter Schöler.
Oily

pv83:

I reckon young Dan’l will be enquiring as to where he could buy a set of that gear as it will be from the same era as his Foden so all the fixing brackets etc will probably have been fitted when the Foden was built ! :unamused: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

pv83:

I reckon young Dan’l will be enquiring as to where he could buy a set of that gear as it will be from the same era as his Foden so all the fixing brackets etc will probably have been fitted when the Foden was built ! :unamused: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dennis you can knock Dan’l about his trusty old Foden but I don’t suspect he’s got any finance on her now so a bit of maintenance and a drop of fuel and he will be doing very well thankyou very much, when your in that position you can pick and choose your work instead of chasing your tail to a lost cause :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

Bewick:

pv83:

Dennis you can knock Dan’l about his trusty old Foden but I don’t suspect he’s got any finance on her now so a bit of maintenance and a drop of fuel and he will be doing very well thankyou very much, when your in that position you can pick and choose your work instead of chasing your tail to a lost cause :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wow, that’s stopped you ■■■■■■■ in church Dennis! :open_mouth: Going for the jugular there Buzzer old lad! :laughing: Mind you, those mothballed 240 percy powered Big J’s that Dennis has in store were probably paid for in groats?

Pete.

Buzzer:

Bewick:

pv83:

:blush: :blush: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

pv83:

I have used such methods before now !

Buzzer:

Bewick:

pv83:

Your right Buzzer :sunglasses: we pay up front for all purchases and pick and choose our work but still end chasing my tail to squeeze it all in :unamused: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

pv83:

I have used such methods before now !

I’ll just remind you that I was running Fodens long before Young Dan’l ! :wink:

scan0187.jpg

Which one in the shot are you then Dennis ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

scan0187 (2).jpg

Buzzer:

Buzzer that picture does tally with how Denzil looks today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

I had the blanket over my head taking the shot ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DIT----Fodens in Fleet past and present (0) Zero. BTS----Fodens in fleet (0) Zero. !