Passing Stonehenge - A303

Milk Man:
They don’t need to build a duel carriageway, people who want to see it should sit in the traffic and people who want to avoid the traffic should get their maps out and would realise there is an easy way around it only adding 10 mins onto driving time.

That’s true, but it’s a “locals only” route so we don’t tell anyone else about it! Otherwise every Tom, ■■■■ and Harry will use them and no one gets anywhere.

Bacon Sandwich:

Milk Man:
They don’t need to build a duel carriageway, people who want to see it should sit in the traffic and people who want to avoid the traffic should get their maps out and would realise there is an easy way around it only adding 10 mins onto driving time.

That’s true, but it’s a “locals only” route so we don’t tell anyone else about it! Otherwise every Tom, ■■■■ and Harry will use them and no one gets anywhere.

Quite right.

True, fortunately many tom ■■■■ and harry don’t know how to read a map these days :smiley:

I take that as a bonus!!

Personally, I love the view of Stonehenge on the A303 westbound and if it was ever by-passed with a tunnel I think the drive would be less interesting.

Back in the day, I did go to the Stonehenge Free Festival and whenever I drive past I always think “That field there is where my tent was, that field there is where Hawkwind played, that field there is where I bought the marijuana and cocaine” :stuck_out_tongue:

Avebury is slightly more interesting but it is not on the A303 .

Harry Monk:
Personally, I love the view of Stonehenge on the A303 westbound and if it was ever by-passed with a tunnel I think the drive would be less interesting.

+1