Passes with Tockwith York

Hi All,

Just a quick one, passed cat c with Tockwith on 1st April, passed with clean sheet, 1 and half days training. Excellent vehicles and instructor Bill was excellent, lovely part of the country to drive around.

Will be back shortly for C+E.

Ashley

You cant beat that. Congratulations and all the best with CE.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Peter,

It was between you and Tockwith, hard decision, but choose Tockwith. I have a mate in watford and have recommended you for residential, he is thinking about the sat,sun test on mon option.

Seen some one on here complaining about you poaching trainees from all over the country, in my opinion it just gives us trainees more of a choice, the ones around my home town, went to see them, but just didn’t get a good feeling, thats why I choose to travel 40mins south down to york. if your spending all this cash in the great picture of things, spending a little time travelling or doing a residential course is fine.

Ashley

You talk sense Ashley. Strangely enough I originate from Watford but left there in 1974. Still got in laws there and visit frequently. So look forward to helping your mate achieve his dream. He will, of course, get a clean sheet!!

Small world, his local is Dunnings near watford junction. Hope he can get a clean sheet,lol. I am going for it, I got clean sheet on coach 2002 in gillingham, clean sheet on motorbike darlington, 2007, clean sheet on C tockwith, fingers crossed I can get clean sheet on C+E, just setting the goal for myself, not boasting.

Ashley

ash77:
Hi All,

Just a quick one, passed cat c with Tockwith on 1st April, passed with clean sheet, 1 and half days training. Excellent vehicles and instructor Bill was excellent, lovely part of the country to drive around.

Will be back shortly for C+E.

Ashley

Congratulations on your pass, I have my C training with Elmete Driver Training next month, I went to Tockwith for an assessment, it was a lovely vehicle to drive, however I felt I got a better deal with elmete. Good luck for the future.

Small world, his local is Dunnings near watford junction. Hope he can get a clean sheet,lol. I am going for it, I got clean sheet on coach 2002 in gillingham, clean sheet on motorbike darlington, 2007, clean sheet on C tockwith, fingers crossed I can get clean sheet on C+E, just setting the goal for myself, not boasting.

That’s a hell of a record - well done.

In one of our offices there is a chart showing all the trainers and how many clean sheets their trainees have achieved this year. It’s remarkable.

I got a clean sheet on the driving test for my DVSA register and full marks on the instructional test - that aint bad.

BTW I started my coach driving career in 1971 just along from Dunnings (not called that then), trained as an instructor and was qualified and registered in 1972. I was based off Rickmansworth Road, Watford.

Dunnings would have been called the stag back then, my mate said. my mate and me use to work for Club Cantabrica for years in watford, but mainly was based in Spain and France, both Mountain drivers in the ski season, him in Andorra and me in the french alps near mont Blanc, had some good driving experience , makes ice road truckers look like a bunch of girls, lol.

Ashley

We were all pleased to hear you passed with us, both yourself and our instructor Bill did very well to ensure you passed with zero faults. See you back soon for the artic, our new trucks are lovely to drive, makes passing the driving test that bit easier.