Passengers.

Passengers. How many can you carry in yr cab?

MR VAIN:

I’m not sure about this but in a vehicle that requires seat-belts and assuming that none of the people travelling in the vehicle have an exemption from the seat-belt law, as many as can be seat-belted.

• Three seat-belts = two passengers
  • Two seat-belts = one passenger
  • One seat-belt and it’s a lonesome trip
  • No seat-belts and you’re taking the bus :wink:

Apart from any insurance stipulations that may exist I’m not aware of any criteria other than the number of seat-belts, but I’ll probably be corrected :smiley:

No seat belt on a bunk …

ROG:
No seat belt on a bunk …

Are you legally allowed to have a passenger on the bunk whilst the vehicle is in motion ?

tachograph:

ROG:
No seat belt on a bunk …

Are you legally allowed to have a passenger on the bunk whilst the vehicle is in motion ?

Yes.

MR VAIN:

With twin bunks, 3 passengers and a driver than :stuck_out_tongue:

When the freighter used to come in to Dover West and there was free parking there would always be S.Wales based lorries weekended from Friday afternoon.We would all pile in to whichever motor was going back to Newport/Cardiff/Barry.I have often had 4/5 passengers -plus duty free.Superb cab mountings on the old daf 2800s!!!

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

ROG:
No seat belt on a bunk …

Yes.

Can you expand please?

MR VAIN:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

ROG:
No seat belt on a bunk …

Yes.

Can you expand please?

Some cars have seatbelts on the front seats but not the rear.

Some coaches/buses/minibuses have a seatbelt on the drivers seat but don’t always have seatbelts on the other seats.

Camper vans and RV’s usually have seats for the driver and passenger but not in the living area.

Trucks generally have seatbelts for the seats but not the bunks.