Passed today for Rough Terrain Telescopic forklift(RTITB)

My mate owns his own building/roofing company. He phoned me last fri to see if i wanted to do the Rough Terrain Telescopic forklift over 3 days, he said it wouldnt cost him any extra to get me trained with his employees :laughing: …Yes i said…another ticket in my pocket…it was the Rough Terrain Telescopic forklift(RTITB), should get my licence within 2 week.

WELL DONE MATE as you said it is another

extra point which can make a difference when

working for some firms,

That in itself is like a licence to print money, if you’d had to pay out yourself it would have a fair bit of cash.

Much to my annoyance I never managed to get put through the course at my previous job, despite the fact we had them on contract hire/

8wheels:
That in itself is like a licence to print money, if you’d had to pay out yourself it would have a fair bit of cash/

I have seen some agencies advertising £10 an hour for drivers of this licence.

as soon as i get my licence through the post for the forklift I will let the agency know that i have this as well…hopefully it will get me more work & cash.

It was good driving it with either front wheel steer & drive or 4 wheel drive & 4 wheel steer or the crab drive(that is weird at 1st) to move sideways.

cheers for the comments lads.

Well done mate, a good opportunity taken I think! All the best with it.

Steve

Darren,well done on the pass.
You may find that the adverts for telescopic fork lift jobs are for CITB not RTITB.
Employers/Agencies are quite sticky on this.
Let me know how you get on, as I’m doing the same course next week!

to be honest all this cert buisness looses me…CITB,RTITB,CSCS,ITSSAR,CPCS,NPORS & iam sure there are more out there.
I done the course as it was on offer to me for nowt, i just hope i can use it to my benefit once the licence comes through the post.
I will let you know the outcome once i have had a word with the agency.

Darren,how you been doing?
Got that 1 day course to do tomorrow.
Have you had any any luck with getting a start with your RTITB licence?

gsm31:
Darren,how you been doing?
Got that 1 day course to do tomorrow.
Have you had any any luck with getting a start with your RTITB licence?

How come 1 day is it a cross over course your doing??

I mentioned it to the agency(Driver Hire) today while on the phone to them, they give me a lot of LGV work. they said YEP they get calls for drivers & they will get me work on this as well but they want to see my licence when it comes through 1st for them to check & photo copy it.
I was told it would take 1 to 2 weeks to get my licence through the post.

Darren,it’s a 1 day conversion,got the reach/counter-balance already.
It took just over 2 weeks to get stuff back from RTITB.
The trainer said if the agency wanted proof of passing the tests,while waiting on licences they were to 'phone him.
He also gave me the training records to show as proof I had passed both tests.

gsm31:
Darren,it’s a 1 day conversion,got the reach/counter-balance already.

Thought it was the 1 day conversion :smiley: …thats what iam thinking of doing for the counterbalance & reach as well.

Good luck with your Telehandler training

Daz

Well done Darren - nice to be multi skiled. It shows you are really keen and I am sure this impresses prospective employers. Many congrats

Mothertrucker:
Well done Darren - nice to be multi skiled. It shows you are really keen and I am sure this impresses prospective employers. Many congrats

Cheers Mothertrucker…just feel that the more tickets/multi trained i am the more work i will get from the agencies…still hoping to get my class 1 as soon as i can.

Darren,glad I did that course,geat fork lift to play around with!
Trainer said if you get a company who refuses your RTITB ticket because they want CITB, you phone RTITB and explain the situation.
Employer’s have to recognise the RTITB version,it is illegal not to.
He said you would have to do a Health and Safety touchscreen test and pass it before you could work on a building site though.

gsm31:
Darren,glad I did that course,geat fork lift to play around with!
Trainer said if you get a company who refuses your RTITB ticket because they want CITB, you phone RTITB and explain the situation.
Employer’s have to recognise the RTITB version,it is illegal not to.
He said you would have to do a Health and Safety touchscreen test and pass it before you could work on a building site though.

Good1 mate…They are different to drive with the 3 different drive selections.
I have just been looking at the health & safety touch screen(CITB,CSCS) today

Darren:
Good1 mate…They are different to drive with the 3 different drive selections.
I have just been looking at the health & safety touch screen(CITB,CSCS) today

Darren,where did you get info. on the health & safety touch screen test,is it the CPCS card you’re after?
I think you need to do both of above to drive a telehandler on a building site?

cscs.uk.com/
citb-constructionskills.co.uk/healthsafety/
citb-constructionskills.co.u … afetytest/

I have seen some jobs adertised locally for telehandlers with CPCS or equivelent certificate

Darren,thanks for that.

had the agency phone me yesterday, they wanted to know if i had my Licence through the post yet for the telehandler…No i said not yet…Pity says the agency as we have a job for the rest of the week £9.50 an hour as some one is sick.it was for a building site they said.
The agency said as soon as my licence is here to get it too them to copy & they will get me work using this licence as well as my HGV.

Darren,been waiting for my Hi-ab ticket for 4 weeks,there may be a backlog at RTITB, or training company may have been a bit slow sending off paperwork.
I 'phoned RTITB last week to find out what was happening with the HI-AB ticket and they were waiting on training company sending them the paperwork.
To their credit,RTITB, 'phoned up the training company to push them along and said I will get it this week.
RTITB’s number is 01952 520 200.
With regards, to the telehandler situation and working on a building site.
Had a good look at CITB’s website,last night, it looks like you need to sit a H&S touchscreen test(£17.50),present your training paperwork once you pass the test and pay £25 for a CPCS card and that’s it.