Passed on monday

hi all, had my first test 2 weeks ago for class 2, all was going well when an ambulance came zooming up behind me, i just thought i have to stop and pulled over to let hil past, in doing so i went 2 metres past the traffic lights which failed me only 4 minors apart from that, anyway passed on monday just gone and have rung 6 agencies and they have all said i have to have 2 years experience, rung a few companies as well not taking on or need experience, dont want to give up just yet anyone got any tips to get me started, thanks

i live in scunthorpe near grimsby

apply to as many agencies as you can…i know driver hire take on newbies.
driver-hire.co.uk/front.html click on search by region & see the nearest 1 to you

Dont give up looking…

phone up companies in yellow pages

when i passed my test I phoned up over 30 companies winthin just a couple of hours of passing, 3 days of looking and i got a job by phoning up a company from the yellow pages.

I didnt bother with agency work as i was after something more permanant.
but agency is a good place to start if you cant get with a company

cheers guys, will keep trying,

Have you tried out of Scunthorpe, theres loads of stuff Immingham and Doncaster just a case of hunting it down and trying to find something worth doing.

Well done on ur pass… :smiley:

Dont give up on the agencies they may say 2 yrs experience now but it may be quiet up there at the mo and they just dont want to take anyone on at the mo… you wait till they are busy again (someone with local knowledge will tell you when thats likely to be) i bet they rip ur arm off to get ur licence photocopied and before you know it you’ll be doing the crummiest jobs in scunny but loving every minute of it coz ur in a truck and ur getting experience

Good luck fella :sunglasses:

Was in the same position as you 4 years ago. I live in Cleethorpes and Dean at Protemp (Grimsby) got me started on agency work.
Also Handtrans at Immingham were looking for a Class 2 last week. Don’t take this the wrong way but they’re not too fussed who they take on.

I can only add to what the others have said, get on the phone, use a bit of shoe leather.

I passed my test 2 years ago, I phoned everyone in the yellow pages. Got a start with a local firm. wages were crap, motor was crap but it got me the experience.

Try the local tipper firms, they tend to be a good place to start.

cheers for the replies, will get the yellow pages out…

rang everyone and finally got a job at hansons scunthorpe startr monday, part driving class2 part industrial cleaning thank u

Well done matey its a foot in the door at least and valuable experiance.