Passed on june 19th have i gotta complete cpc by sept 2014?

passed class 2, june 19th, have i gotta complete cpc by sept 2014?

Did you do CPC modules 2 and 4 or do you qualify for grandfather (acquired) rights which depend when you passed your car test.

If you have acquired rights then yes you need to do 35 hours of DCPC training before September next year.

If you did modules you won’t need the periodic training until (correct me of I’m wrong) 2017.

Do you have your DCPC card? Of not then likely yes u will need to do the training

nervoustimes:
passed class 2, june 19th, have i gotta complete cpc by sept 2014?

nervoustimes:
passed module 4 - Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:32 pm

You should have your DQC with an expiry date in September 2018 so 35 hours of periodic dcpc required at any time before that date if you want to continue driving LGVs commercially after that
completing the 35 hours at any time before oct 2018 will get you a new DQC dated 2023

If you have acquired rights and pass your lgv say next August , do you then have to do 35 hours dcpc ? More of less straight away ? If so it’s going to get expensive in one hit for some .

Noworries:
If you have acquired rights and pass your lgv say next August , do you then have to do 35 hours dcpc ? More of less straight away ? If so it’s going to get expensive in one hit for some .

YES but with acquired rights you already have a LGV C1 so can do the periodic dcpc now and have had the opportunity to do so for the past 4 years

The dcpc applies to LGV not specific categories of LGV so even those with just a pre 1997 C1 need the 35 hours to be able to drive that commercially after 09/09/2014

Rog,

I know they could start it now but I was more thinking of those that haven’t decided they want to do lgv and maybe decide in August next year they want a change in career , going to be a lot of expense in one hit and the extra time involved unless most trainers at that point will be doing dcpc as part of driving training as some already do

My understanding was that you could do either modules or periodic training but then I don’t know for sure

I’ve done initial cpc got my cpc card early july! I did’nt have grandfather rights, missed it by a few months :O/

Noworries:
Rog,

I know they could start it now but I was more thinking of those that haven’t decided they want to do lgv and maybe decide in August next year they want a change in career , going to be a lot of expense in one hit and the extra time involved unless most trainers at that point will be doing dcpc as part of driving training as some already do

you are correct - those with any existing LGV category on their licence after 09/09/2014 will need to complete all 35 hours of periodic dcpc before they can drive commercially

Tipper Tom:
My understanding was that you could do either modules or periodic training but then I don’t know for sure

There is no choice
Depending what a driver has or does not have already will determine which path they need

ROG:

Noworries:
Rog,

you are correct - those with any existing LGV category on their licence after 09/09/2014 will need to complete all 35 hours of periodic dcpc before they can drive commercially

Tipper Tom:

There is no choice
Depending what a driver has or does not have already will determine which path they need

Should of known better than there being a simple solution really