Passed my class 2!

Just to let you guys (And Gals) know, I have passed my class 2 this morning at Walton testing station with ONE minor!

Everything went very well on the test, which is very surprising as I was VERY nervous from the outset. The nerves seemed to dissappear all at once though as I got into the driving.

The minor fault was for awareness and planning. I passed a junction with a car waiting to pull out and checked the N/S mirror slightly later than I normally would have, otherwise I would have got a clean sheet. Best thing is I knew I’d done it!

Next up is class one as soon as I get my licence back from the DVLA.

Excellent news. I hope you feel as good as I did when I passed my class 2…

Oddly enough, when I passed the class 1, I didn’t have the same excitement. :open_mouth:

Get in there and best of luck with the class one :smiley: :smiley:

Well done all the best with your class 1

and please keep us all up to date how

its all going,

Congratulations on passing class 2
and good luck with class 1 :smiley:

Well done on your pass paul.

You say you are going straight for your class1 as soon as you get your licence back - do you have any previous experience of trucks or, like me are you a novice. I only ask because i passed my class 2 just under 2 weeks ago (still waiting for licence back :frowning: )and really want to go straight into the class 1 but am bit unsure and i think i am going to get a bit of truck experience before having to think about that 40ft trailer behind me.

once again well done on the pass though.

Well done :smiley:

red7jase:
I only ask because i passed my class 2 just under 2 weeks ago (still waiting for licence back :frowning: )

I’d chase that up (if you haven’t already), whenever I’ve sent licences to the DVLA I’ve got them back in less than a week.

Re your class 1 training, I did my class 1 straight after class 2 and was also a complete novice to truck driving and it worked for me.

Well done , Paul :smiley:

red7jase:
You say you are going straight for your class1 as soon as you get your licence back - do you have any previous experience of trucks

Thanks for all the replies, I’m still on cloud nine at the moment! Still can’t believe I have finally done it.

Red7Jase I have no experience as such with trucks (Except 7.5 tonners) But I have been a bus driver for nearly 15 years. So I am ok with vehicle sizes etc, I just have to learn the haulage side of things.

I agree with mrpj Just go for it, might as well get it all over and done with at once?

By the way, been to see an agency in Barnsley at 13.30 today. I start my first class 2 job tonight at 12.30 am! Its a night run to Glasgow for a local fruit and veg firm, double man job so god knows how many hours I’ll get in. £7.50 an hour, then time 1.5 after 8. Should be a nice little earner to start off with.

Lucky? remains to be seen! Will let you know!

well done mate on passing & getting work as soon as you have.
Good luck with the class 1.
I start my Class 1 training on Monday.

Well done that man. I always wanted a clean sheet, never got any where near it though. luck with the agency job

I have passed my class 2 this morning at Walton testing station with ONE minor!

Don’t you have to be over 21?

Well done mate, Goodluck with the class 1 :smiley:

well done paul261267 :smiley: :smiley:
good luck with the artic m8.

Well done mate, and all the best for the job and the class 1!!

Steve

Cool!
Well Done!

Congratulations & well done! 1 x driving fault was a good result indeed!!

I’d be tempted to get straight on with the C+E before you forget any of that ‘attention to detail’ that is what the examiners are looking for.

8wheels:

I have passed my class 2 this morning at Walton testing station with ONE minor!

Don’t you have to be over 21?

No you can do it at 18 or something if you’re on the young driver scheme. I’d be asking why he had a child in the cab with him for the test though :laughing:

Ok OK, I should have known better to put MINOR! Maybe I should have put driving fault… :sunglasses:

I will be taking my C+E marcustandy, as soon as my licence comes back.

One minor!! Extremely well done mate!!
One minor is pretty much a clean sheet.
I have been instructing for 20 years and only ever seen three completely clean sheets, so one minor is brilliant. Well done.
Go for the class one asap while you are on a roll - and the examiners remember you :laughing: