Passed my assessment with trg tesco

Got passed today to go out on my own from now.

since starting from nothing last November ill be out on my own in an artic as of next Thursday.

Been out with a trainer these last few weeks it’s had its ups and downs but I’ve learnt a lot about the real world! Reversing is still a bugger at times but I know how to do it, it will just come with experience I guess!

Really pleased and slightly nervous - roll on Thursday!

Well done Dave!! You will love it mate. No doubt you will turn into numerous turnings/yards head first to then find out theres no room to spin in lol. Ive now learnt to not be bone idle and park across the road and go and have a nosy if im not sure.

Reversing out into the road is not ideal lol.

Thanks mate.

Haha yeah not ideal - I’ve had to reverse into a few yards so far, bit of a ■■■■■ but nature of the game! I’m more worried about looking like a knob in front of all the pro drivers and the shunters at the depot trying to reverse between 2 trailers etc. I’ll get there…

Well done Dave, is that trunking, delivering to different stores, etc? Hope it works out for you

Congrats anyway mate

Don’t worry about looking like a knob. I’ve been doing it for long enough now to be getting the hang of manoeuvring, and all I can think of when I see a rookie struggling is to be patient and give them as much understanding and sympathy as I possibly can. Wait until they’ve finished, then try to give them a big thumbs up and a smile as I go past.

We’ve all been there, and the few numpties who laugh or make fun of you really aren’t worth worrying about.

Good luck to you!

Thanks Dan. Yes it’s delivering ambient goods to stores ranging from 10-13 meter trailers, tail-lift and bays included. There is some double decker stuff to stores and trunking to other depots too.

Cheers ORC appreciate your advice, it’s all good to hear.

Is Little Miss Piggy still in the office, you know the gobby little ■■■■■ that has an opinion on everything and knows ■■■■ all?
And I presume Sean Burchett is still in charge at that ■■■■ hole?

Haha I take it you didn’t enjoy your time there then!

I haven’t got to know anyone yet but I haven’t seen any pig like know it alls as of yet

DAF95XF:
Is Little Miss Piggy still in the office, you know the gobby little ■■■■■ that has an opinion on everything and knows [zb] all?
And I presume Sean Burchett is still in charge at that [zb] hole?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

makes me want to go and work there, just to meet Miss Piggy :laughing:

I know very well how to ‘handle them’ (over a barbecue :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )