Passed Mod 2

As the title suggests, I passed my CPC module 2 earlier today! I found it really straghtforward, I’d say 42 out of the 50 questions were common sense!

I came away with 49/50, and I’m fairly sure I know where I went wrong on the one question now, but would like to confirm -

If I’m waiting for 2 hours for my truck to get loaded in a yard, what setting would the tachometer be on? I put POA, but it really was a toss up between that and other work :unamused:

That’s a pretty vague question depending on what options it gave for answers.

There’s nothing to stop you recording work even if you’re asleep in the bunk.

You could also record break - even if you aren’t asleep in the bunk.

And if you knew how long the wait was you could record POA.

Wasn’t there more information in the question?

If the question had stated 2 hours I would have gone with POA also

shep532:
That’s a pretty vague question depending on what options it gave for answers.

There’s nothing to stop you recording work even if you’re asleep in the bunk.

You could also record break - even if you aren’t asleep in the bunk.

And if you knew how long the wait was you could record POA.

Wasn’t there more information in the question?

The question was something like
‘You arrive at the yard and get told it will be 2 hours until you can get loaded, what would you set the tacho to?’
Followed by the symbols for driving, rest, other work and POA

I could be wrong, might not have been that question I got wrong!

You could select any of those except drive … Buts it’s obvious they wanted POA as the answer

Hmmm… must have been another question then! Cheers guys :smiley:

clarky3013:
As the title suggests, I passed my CPC module 2 earlier today! I found it really straghtforward, I’d say 42 out of the 50 questions were common sense!

I came away with 49/50, and I’m fairly sure I know where I went wrong on the one question now, but would like to confirm -

If I’m waiting for 2 hours for my truck to get loaded in a yard, what setting would the tachometer be on? I put POA, but it really was a toss up between that and other work :unamused:

What Stuff do you use for revision or did you just go in ?

Mellor:

clarky3013:

What Stuff do you use for revision or did you just go in ?

The training school gave me a book on driving goods vehicles, I just had a flick through relevant bits like drivers hours, securing a load etc. But honestly, the large majority of the test is common sense if you’ve been on the road for a bit, it’s nothing to worry about :smiley: