Passed Class One

Already work for DHL driving class 2 for 6 years, they’ve started up skilling drivers to class 1, I passed 2 weeks ago, my question to anyone who can help is about reversing experience. Obviously the reversing exercise on test is unlikely to be replicated very often so if doing store deliveries or similar with awkward reverses is going to be very much a learning on the job experience would I be shown much patience or not? Don’t want to be getting all flustered and making mistakes.

Congratulations on passing Class 1!!! :smiley: :sunglasses:

You might find lots of people standing around, but don’t feel rushed/pressured.

There are a couple of useful videos on YouTube covering what to do in a real scenario. They are US trucks/LHD but the principle is the same.

How comfortable are you reversing in general? I don’t understand why this is so neglected for C/C+E seeing as it is a pretty major part of the job!

youtube.com/watch?v=-K2ewZkj-5s
youtube.com/watch?v=Cp-G_Iq5cDA

Found another, this time of a UK trucker who did a great compilation of backing into all manner of places!

youtube.com/watch?v=u8ERBXAqN7c

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Celky:
Already work for DHL driving class 2 for 6 years, they’ve started up skilling drivers to class 1, I passed 2 weeks ago, my question to anyone who can help is about reversing experience. Obviously the reversing exercise on test is unlikely to be replicated very often so if doing store deliveries or similar with awkward reverses is going to be very much a learning on the job experience would I be shown much patience or not? Don’t want to be getting all flustered and making mistakes.

My reversing was poor…I can now put the trailer where I want it. (Might not always be quick [emoji6])
Take advice where you can, watch how others angle the trailer prior to a reverse - and try to grow a thick skin.
Ignore others who aren’t helping, tune them out and just take your time.
If the reverse is going wrong, take the time to reset it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk