Passed class C

Passed class C at Garretts Green this morning at first try. I am in shock because I thought I would screw it up owing to nerves.

:smiley: :smiley: Congratulations :smiley: :smiley:

Well done Ant, glad to hear it… … … You starting to look for work now or looking at doing your class one ■■

Well done :smiley:

That’s great Ant, congratulations. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Go and have a drink you deserve it! :wink:

Congratulations :smiley:

well done mate.

Well done chap :sunglasses:

nice one ant

Well done Ant !

Hurrah :smiley:

congrats ant

going for the bendy?

jon

Thanks for all your messages guys. I am intending to go for the bendy asap. My trainer advised me that it is best to try it whilst you are still in test mode. To be honest I thought that I had failed the test because I did,nt drive it as well as I had been doing before the test as my nerves were in overdrive. Fair play to the examiner though he was very calm and put me at ease, then he found me the tightest right turn on the route, luckily I had been around it while training so I just took it really slow and did,nt hit the kerbs, also the test being on a Saturday there was only light traffic so that relaxed me a bit. I still can’t believe i passed and must say that the advice I’ve been given on trucknet has been a real help. Thank you so much guys.
Cheers

I agree, go for bendy ASAP. Once you get out of test mode, it’s very hard to get back into it. If you get into driving rigids for a while (like i have) then you quickly get into bad habits which will make it so much harder to get your class 1. Besides, class 1 is where the money is.

Tightest right - is that into Ulleries Road by any chance ■■ I hated that one on the training, of course if you do the class one in the Scania then it is still on the test route as you can get the wagon and drag around there, in the Volvo it is decidedly off the menu !!

G

Gazzareth, your bang on mate. Ulleries Rd. I am wanting to take class one in the Volvo as its a proper artic if you know what I mean.
Cheers

The Volvo is pretty good (as are most) - probably the best drive that Eastern’s have.

I felt the same since I wanted to drive artics what is the point of learning in a Wagon and Drag? Granted they are slightly easier to drive as the trailer follows better - but that would not have helped me much on my second run (for Easterns) when I had to take a 45 footer to Earl’s Court. Much better to get any issues you may have with long trailers out of the way with an instructor sat next to you !!

G

Hey Ant…congrats
I remember the feeling, was only three weeks ago myself. If you plan to do it then definately the thing to is to go on to the artic soon as. I went the following week and absolutely loved it, it’s like mini to merc. You’re still in the mindset of the gear and pull off excercises…no bad habits and if you’re lucky, the same instructor. go for it… and good luck.

congrats :sunglasses: took me twice, nerves r always the killer…

well done Ant