Passed class 2

Evening all,

So i passed my class 2 on Tuesday at Kingswood Bristol, as well as the mod 4.
My license has been sent off by the centre to add my new driving entitlement, my question is, and apologies for my ignorance but what happens after that?

I want to start applying for class 2 jobs in the new year.

Many thanks

Have you sent off for your tacho card yet?

You will get your new driving licence back in 2-3 weeks and you will get your dqc card in 2 weeks start applying for jobs when ever you want

Thanks for the swift response, so there is nothing that I need send off myself? Does my license card become a digital tachograph?

You will need your tacho card before you can work driving professionally, get a form from the post office and pay the fee.

No your licence is not a tacho card.

Congrats on your pass mate! :smiley:

Come the New year, you’ll be a VAN driver! :grimacing:

This DVLA page gives the form to apply for the tacho card.

gov.uk/apply-for-a-digital- … smart-card

From what I’m told, you might have problems getting someone to give you a job without the actual DCPC and driving licence plastic cards showing the class 2 entitlement, although you can officially drive as long as you keep the mod 4 & pass cert plus the tacho card with you at all times. Just remember to keep all the cards with you at all times once driving.

Oh and as for being a van driver as Evil points out…yeah, but at least it’s a big van. :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley:

trevHCS:
From what I’m told, you might have problems getting someone to give you a job without the actual DCPC and driving licence plastic cards showing the class 2 entitlement

Not a chance. Any employer will want to see everything laid out in front of them. It might be that their thick, or just worried about potential repercussions if it is in fact wrong to drive on certificates (which we well know it isn’t, but).

It’s not long OP. Just enjoy christmas and they’ll be a late present for you :grimacing:

Congratulations, I’m just waiting on mod4 test then I’m good to go!

If it’s any help, I sent mine off around 12th Dec and it was back a week later so guessing DVLA don’t have a lot of work on around this time of the year.

Suspecting January might be a good time to start looking for jobs for all those who’ve passed recently, simply because you’re not so likely to be taken on to fill the Christmas rush, then dumped a month later despite any promises. Might be proven wrong however. :slight_smile: