Passed Class 2 this afternoon!

Hi all :smiley:
Passed my class 2 test today, well chuffed, the whole thing went really well only got 1 minor for missing a gear at an island.
going to go straight for class1 a soon as licence is back so looking on to that now.

thanks to you all for the great tips and posts on the forum, been a great help to getting through the training trom the start.
:wink:
regards
J

well done mate - its a great feeling isnt it?

talisman:
well done mate - its a great feeling isnt it?

thanks mate, cant stop grinning, was pretty nervous before it but once we got going it was cool, was so relieved when the examiner said the magic words.

regards
J

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well done mate :slight_smile:

kerbclipper:
Hi all :smiley:
Passed my class 2 test today, well chuffed, the whole thing went really well only got 1 minor for missing a gear at an island.

Where did you test - was it Weedon?

well in pal :smiley:

ROG:

Yes was at weedon,the examiner i had was great he really helped me to relax as he was so calm and friendly, not one of those stuffy authoritarian types, got one of those years ago on my car test, it was horrid!

regards
J

Congrats, 1 minor, don’t see that too often. I think they always like to give people a few just to keep em from feeling too smug :stuck_out_tongue:

:sunglasses: good for you! 1 minor top of the class, great feeling, i went on my hols when i passed class 2 then straight learning class 1, its not all doom an gloom it may depend on location and being near xmas but there are firms that take class1 if you pass their assesment drive, good luck.

kerbclipper:

ROG:

Yes was at weedon,the examiner i had was great he really helped me to relax as he was so calm and friendly, not one of those stuffy authoritarian types, got one of those years ago on my car test, it was horrid!

regards
J

Had to be Dave, Terry or Clive as they are the three regular examiners there and they all sing from the same song book. They discuss any probs on the routes and when they have decided how they want the trainees to do it, they tell the instructors - MAGIC :smiley: - wish I was testing there on a regular basis :cry:

Well done and good luck for the future

Hi all :smiley: :smiley:
Thanks very much for all the congrats/luck etc, just waiting for the star of the class1 training now hopefully will be in a week or so.
I live just outside Rushden in Northants so driver jobs around here are plentyful (northampton/kettering/M,Keynes etc) my instructor has a few contacts which he will point me towards so feeling fairly confident of finding some work after completing the training.

:slight_smile: You’re spot on ROG as dave was my examiner, he’s great really gives you a fair assessment also helped to calm he nerves a bit, hoping to go out with him again on the artic test.

regards all
J

Great - I had Dave too for both my C & CE - felt right at ease with him.
No doubt he’d have failed me soon enough if I’d dropped off but both tests went without a hitch (except getting a minor for taking one shunt on the CE reversing).

I believe plenty of people have failed at the Carlsberg roundabout in the centre of Northampton, it’s a very busy roundabout which cars often take at high speed. I make numerous mistakes there on my training, but it just fell right on both tests.

In fact, on on C test, I didn’t even need to stop at the line - amazing as the test was at 8.15am. Dave said that only happens on about one test a week !

JL

gerontius:
I believe plenty of people have failed at the Carlsberg roundabout in the centre of Northampton, it’s a very busy roundabout which cars often take at high speed. I make numerous mistakes there on my training, but it just fell right on both tests.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: thats great when it goes well like that!

I was lucky didn’t get carlsberg on my route so ecaped that one!, was headed down that way but dave turned us off before we got there PHEW!!.
Had a meeting with an artic on the country lane sectoin of the test, he was approaching the bend (so positioned to turn left around it) about 6" or so over the white line as i came round in the opposite direction, i chose to put the front wheel of the truck onto the dirt alongside the road as i didn’t think there was enough room to get around/past the artic if i stayed in normal rd position, i drove away thinking i’d just blown it but wasn’t mentioned in test debrief so guess it was the right thing to do!

Did you do your tests recently?

Regards
J