Passed class 2 last week .....just saying hi!

hi just popping in to say hi!just passed my class 2 first time round,and now just trying to find that first rung…luckily im not in any great rush cos ive got 2 jobs at the minute,but its time for a change.
just hoping that someone will give me a chance to prove myself although i know im not in the best area for finding work.
ive been reading this forum for a couple of months now and just thought it was time to say hello!! :slight_smile:

Hello back and congrats on pasing the test, good luck finding a job

Hello and welcome to TrucknetUK

bets of luck with the search for a

better position, of employment

Welcome

Congratulations on passing the test :slight_smile:

budeezal:
hi just popping in to say hi!just passed my class 2 first time round,and now just trying to find that first rung…luckily im not in any great rush cos ive got 2 jobs at the minute,but its time for a change.
just hoping that someone will give me a chance to prove myself although i know im not in the best area for finding work.
ive been reading this forum for a couple of months now and just thought it was time to say hello!! :slight_smile:

Might be a job going where I work in Yarmouth soon, wouldn’t recomend them though…it’ll be me that’ll be leaving!

Best of luck though, like you say, it’s not easy to find work round this way.

Congratulations!

And Welcome!

well done mate :sunglasses: . This is a great site, i’m a class 2 driver as well and it has really helped me a lot just to read this website every now and then. Most of the folk are very friendly and helpful.

It’s tough finding a job though so best of luck! That’s me on the 13th day without any phone call now… :unamused:

well done budeezal :stuck_out_tongue:
and welcome :wink:

thanks for the warm welcome,as i said im not desperate to find a job,but i need to get out of my full time job (postie)before i become like some others there and get chained to the job and stay there for the rest of my life!! :open_mouth:

im checking all the papers,websites etc and even keeping an eye out for trucks who are localish and contacting the firms and leaving my details and basically trying to sell myself and my driving experience.

i know it wont be easy to get that first job but i knew that from the start…

well done on passing your test :smiley:

I too passed my class 2 at the start of 2007.

Previous to that I was driving 7.5t for about 3 years (what took me so long??)

All I can say is, its the best start to the year!!

working for an agency at the moment so getting a good variety of work, and experience. I know its not for everyone but it works for me.

Looking forward to obtaining my class 1.

:smiley:

budeezal:
thanks for the warm welcome,as i said im not desperate to find a job,but i need to get out of my full time job (postie)…

Funny - I’ve often thought of chucking in HGV driving and becoming a Postie! :open_mouth: Don’t know why - it’s just something that has always appealed. Perhaps I’m getting tired of having to watch out for every other muppet on the road! :unamused:

Oh, and hello - by the way! :sunglasses:

Sir LANs-a-lot,being a postie is a rewarding job if you get your own permanent round or work a rural area like i do most of the time,cos you make good friends and are seen as part of the community in the rural areas.
what you must remember is that you only see your postie for a few minutes a day if that,which gives most people the impression that its an easy job and you’re nearly done!

we could all rant all day about the negatives in our job,but im not going to.

the royal mail are becoming such hard people to please and the government are constantly trying to screw them!

before anyone suggests that i drive royal mail lorries…id love to,but to do that id need to transfer to my nearest mail centre which is norwich,so i looked into putting my name down on the transfer list ,and was told i cant because 2 years ago i had 2 weeks off sick with bronchitis and ive got another year to go until my warning is removed from my file :angry: :imp: .
i can apply in a years time to transfer,but even then it wont be guaranteed id get the job if one came up!!

so…ill just plod on then…ohh and please try to avoid splashing us posties on bikes,cos that postie may have another 5 hours left in his non waterproof waterproofs… :smiley: :laughing:

:smiley: hi budeezal,i too was a postie for 21 years man and boy before taking voluntary redundancy in march 2004.i had trained as a electrician but after 3 years and 4-5 hour trips most days upto london i have had enough.just shows the grass is not always greener,i miss the post and the good laughs but like you said they are moving the goalposts all the time nowdays.i am in the process of doing my class c with a view to get into my local royal mail distribution office.what i have been told what might help you is most offices use a lot of agency drivers(manpower being one)and if your face fits and with past royal mail experience it could be a starting point for you.good luck anyway mate and i will let you know if i have any joy once ive passed my class c hopefully. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I know a friend of a friend who was put on class 2 training by the job centre as he was long term unemployed. Soon after passing the test he got a permanent class 2 job with Royal Mail in Norwich, I dunno if that was through the job centre again or off his own back.