Passed cat C, but only just

Hi all,

On Friday I passed my cat C at first attempt, but only just. I had 12 minors with 4 doubles. The examiner (Dickson) said I’d only just passed. I didn’t think the drive went too bad, except for a couple of junctions and a mis-positioning on lanes (two right turn lanes, but realised after I’d moved right that I really wanted to be in the lane 1 - doh - moved back safely though).

Anyway I am most grateful to my instructor for the week John McKendry of Ritchies for putting up with my “moments of madness” when driving. My decisive driving style had been tempered down a bit, nearly to the point of failing to make enough progress. Enjoyed driving the Volvo FM7 250.

Interesting the number of tight country roads in close proximity to the Bishopbriggs test centre. How I’m meant to get an artic down them next time is anyones guess!

I’m more relieved than overjoyed. Looking forward to C+E & D.

Rik

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

congrats :slight_smile:

Well done m8 :smiley:

well done mate :smiley: I bet when you do your C + E you will find it easier than your C. I thought my C test was harder than C + E even though I passed it first time.

Good luck :smiley: Nige :smiley:

well done mate :slight_smile:

well done lad, :laughing: :laughing:

A pass is a pass! who cares how close it was?

The instructor obviously thought you were safe enough to go out solo and work using your license so that’s good enough!

Well done mate.

Alex

Thanks for the support. :smiley:

My only concern is that I’ve got to work harder to get my C+E and it won’t help my driving if I get the same examiner again! (I suppose I’ll at least know what he wants…)

12 Control
Gears 1
Steering 1
14 Use of mirrors
Change of direction 1
Change of speed 2
20 Progress
Appropriate speed 2
Undue Hesitation 2
21 Junctions
Observation 2
26 Awareness / planning 1

I think the speed thing was because it hadn’t rained all week until the test and I didn’t want to be seen hammering it around the place. I’d been told all week not to “grow horns” every time I approached a hazard. (The majority of this type of driving has been a result of being a motorcycle/van courier in London). I was also prone to being a bit quick out of junctions. My observation was ok, but sometimes not that obviously made (If my observation was that lousy, I’d be six feet under by now).

Anyway just got to wait for this licence to come back. It’ll be interesting getting an artic round some of those test routes. For those that know it, going right of the test centre isn’t that much fun!

well done that man

Well done, chap