Passed C+E !

yep, just a couple of weeks after passing the class C first time, I managed to get the C+E in the bag today in Grimsby first time too!

Got 4 minor errors, 2 being on the reverse cus I took a shunt :wink:
one for being a bit too far to the left when turning left at a roundabout so had to go onto the painted circle to get the trailer wheels round; then a grey area one for observation - I think this one is unfairā€¦ I was going along the main road, with a side road to the left and 2 parked cars on my side of road on far side of said junction. 2 cars were waiting to turn right into the side road ie across my path. but there was room to just mirrors drop into 3rd and thread thru, which i did. The examiner said that i should have eased off before almost to a halt and allowed the crossing cars across so I gave myself more roomā€¦ not to worry still a pass!

according to my instructor, probably one of the fastest progressions in the country this year from a car licence to class c+e in less than 4 weeks :laughing:

Merry xmas :slight_smile:

Simon

WTG Simon, your very own Xmas present. go and have a very large drink!!! :slight_smile:

Well done Simon congratulations,I hope I can do as well,regards Jamie.

thanks guys :slight_smile:

Jamie, if I only have a couple of words of advice from my instructor ringin in my ears for you; its - DONT FORGET THEM ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  MIRRORS, LOOK AT THE BLEEDIN WHEELS B4 U TURN THE BLEEDIN WHEEL! HOW ELSE DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO TURN IT?!

and regarding the reverse; YOUā€™LL NOT GET AWAY WITH TOO MUCH BLOODY KINK GET THAT WAGON STRAIGHT SON!!! BETTER TOO LITTLE THAN TOO MUCH!!

and yes the instructor does speak in capitals :laughing: must work tho lol

Well done Si. :sunglasses: :laughing:
Thats the most difficult step on the ladder over. :smiley:
Now all you have to do, is learn how to become a Truck Driver. :smiling_imp:

Weā€™ll be here to offer any info you need.

Best of luck in your new career.

Hi Simon,I like the mirrors comment,I will remember those words of wisdom,my instructor said a few times after I kept looking in the near-side and not concentrating on the off-side,ā€œmirrors are like testicles they come in twosā€,I think after years of experience they all have thier own favorite sayings,regards Jamie.

Very well done Simon you must be, and deserve to be, well chuffed to bits with the wonderful results - what a crimbo youā€™re going to have I bet!!

I passed my Class2 today with 5 minors and canā€™t wait til I start on the Big1 after New Year - if we ever ā€œbumpā€ into each other at Hartshead or some other place the coffees on me mate.

Well done again and have a lovely Christmas.

Rob

Well done Rob.Congratulations,regards Jamie

congrats to you MarketLeader :slight_smile:

Well done Si, I take my hat off to you Sir for doing both tests within a couple of weeks of eachother AND passing both. Very well done.

Now the training really starts.

Happy xmas.

Dan.

Well done Simon, you are obviously well-on-top of it to have got two good results in such a short space of time.

Vince

well done simon

looks like its going to be a good xmas all round then

have one on me ā€¦and anotherā€¦and another hic!!! :laughing: :laughing:

jon

Best X-mas pressie one could ever wish for.
Congratulations Simon :smiley:
Must have taken lots of go-get-it to get both class 2 and 1 so soon after each other. Iā€™m impressed. Well done !

ā– ā– 
Jo

Congratulations :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh nice one Simonā€¦ :smiley: :smiley:

What else can I say, but well Done Buddyā€¦ :wink:
what an xmas prezzieā€¦ :sunglasses:

thanks everyone for your encouragement :slight_smile:

I HAD to pass, no 2 ways about it because I quit my previous work (agency white van man) to do it :confused:

Now I have a Dilemma regarding jobs; I have been offered 2 and need to choose which is proving to be difficult!

Job A) is driving containers picking up boxes in Immingham or there abouts and then driving them to wherever, quite a lot to Heinz in Wigan I think or Middlewhich or god knows where. Base is about 3 miles from the house, and Ā£320 take home per week for days, Ā£380 for nights. Plus side is it seems to be quite easy work - basically twistlocks and swapping trailers a lot and good pay (well when i was a Ā£5 per hour white van man b4 its brilliant!), minus side is that from what I know about the firm organisation isnā€™t great.

Job B) is for a local haulage firm either on fridges or curtain siders. They do a lot for Bibbys from scunny which is basically drivin a artic to a little community Nisa type supermarket and then unload it on the taillift and repeat for about 5 shops. They are based about 15 miles away, but the Bibbys depot is about 2 miles away. They offer a day rate of Ā£86 pre tax so I think itā€™ll be similar takehome to the other one. They also said that for the first week Iā€™d be with another driver to get instruction on how to do the job and also learn the gearbox. Plus side is the training, minus side is the lugging aroundā€¦

At the mo I am leaning to the first one, but any comments will be appreciated!

Donā€™t expect much organisation from any company shifting boxes. Theyā€™ll have learned long since that being organised and planning work for drivers soon gets shot to {zb} by the ports who can insert a 5 or 6 hour delay into proceedings without a momentā€™s thought.

For a newbie, Iā€™d suggest trying box shifting though, as youā€™re less likely to end up trying to weave a 40ft trailer into a space youā€™d have previously been cautious about putting a transit into, which youā€™re going to find regularly on shop deliveries. Iā€™d leave that kind of work until youā€™ve goten a bit more experience and know how to work a wagon without having to think too much about it.

Well done on the passes. And welcome to the world of trucknet :slight_smile:

I dunno ali, you should see some of the places i had to deliver containers to when i started doing it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
My advice would be, go on the agency (Wrong time of year to do that) and try and get some trunking work or just fridges to RDCā€™s etc, to be honest the container work i enjoyed the most, but with the mrs and kid it didnt work out for me being away all week, it just depends on your circumstances and what hours you want to work etc, plus on agency your hourly paid which is always nice. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: