Passed C + E!!!!!

Passed my CE today, so happy, it was absolutely p*ssing it down though it was horrible!

nice one!

well done :sunglasses:

Congrats fella. You will find the ability to talk complete and utter ■■■■■■■■, will find new heights.

That’s what it did for me.

Congrats pal you did well! :grimacing:
I found people drove worse and were generally more impatient this morning, when it was chucking it down.

P.S. those new heights are a few steps and an air seat! :laughing:

Well done fella. Congratulations

Well done mate!

Congratulations!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

congrats :smiley:

Well done mate

Congrats!

Thanks everyone. Do you guys recommend getting experience in a class 2 or should I try and jump straight for a class 1 job?

I personally think 6-12 months on class 2 would benefit you greatly mate. I was of the same mindset pal, and opted for this route.

When I started on class 1, it really felt that I had a head start.

I didn’t find my class 2 stood me in much stead at all for class 1 work. The money is generally in class 1, so get out there and start earning it as soon as you can.

That’s the easy part. Now it’s time to find a job. You’ll need at least a years class two experience before an agency can easily get you work due to insurance. Unless you go direct and try and find a company who can accept new drivers on their insurance. I’ve just been let down on a class one job as I’ve only been driving since January :frowning: this is definitely the hard bit!

nicsawalker:
That’s the easy part. Now it’s time to find a job. You’ll need at least a years class two experience before an agency can easily get you work due to insurance. Unless you go direct and try and find a company who can accept new drivers on their insurance. I’ve just been let down on a class one job as I’ve only been driving since January :frowning: this is definitely the hard bit!

its nothing new, I passed my class1 26yrs ago and it was hard then, Back in the late 80,s early 90,s there was an abundance of drivers and nobody would look at you unless you were over 25 with experience, just stick with it and knock on as many doors as you can, forget emails and phone calls go and bang on the door and see them face to face, try the small family firms where the gaffer is usually the one sat there organising the work and its upto him who he puts on his insurance, Saturday morning is often a good time as they may be short of a driver for Monday or find they have lots of work with a driver on holiday, just don’t give up that’s what I,m getting at, you will find something

just joined this board and I also just passed my c+e ,
40yr old and having a career change, I have 10 yrs experience of multi drop/collections but only in a 7.5tonne and that was straight out of school,
whats the advice?
straight onto class 1 or 2 first?

visited a few firms and they don’t touch newly qualified drivers

If you have been razzing around in 7.5 tonners for a decade, I doubt that class 2 will be of any real benefit to you.

Concentrate your efforts on class 1. There are plenty firms around that will give you a chance. Just need a bit of ’ get up and go ’ and go knocking on doors.

eagerbeaver:
If you have been razzing around in 7.5 tonners for a decade, I doubt that class 2 will be of any real benefit to you.

Concentrate your efforts on class 1. There are plenty firms around that will give you a chance. Just need a bit of ’ get up and go ’ and go knocking on doors.

thanks for replying mate,
I don’t see the point in doing multi drop class 2 either as ive effectively don’t that In admittedly a smaller van ( was for the post office)
joined the plod ( utter ■■■■ but done 11yr and just handed my notice in! wouldn’t wish that job on anyone) im ready for a bit ■■■■ :wink:

visited a few firms and they really want some previous (recent) experience,

think ill just have to sign upto a few agencies whilst still knocking on doors,
im also being a bit picky as I want to do mainly local work getting home at night