Passed C+E with Peter Smythe Training!

Hi all,

Just a quick one to say I highly recommend the above company, I took the C+E course with Dave last week, and with his guidance and training (and in some cases, his patience!) I passed C+E at Peterborough last Thursday. I’ve read a few posts regarding training outside your local area (I’m based in Lancashire), and although everyone is different, I found it seemed to work pretty well, especially for noticing things like weight limits etc. Being in a hotel room in the evenings also allowed me to recap things from the days training without any household distractions.

Now I have the nice thought that I won’t have to sit any driving tests or exams for a while (I hope), just to complete my remaining DCPC modules in June and I’m sorted :slight_smile:

Karl

Congratulations on the pass and thanks for the kind comments.

Another one in the cap for Dave!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Karl and congratulations on your achievements.

You join a growing band of us on here who trained with Peter Smythe Training. Did you get a chance to meet Pete? Possibly not now he is spending more time with his wife and vintage car (pretty sure I got that the right way around). If you didn’t you missed out on meeting a very nice man and quite a character.

I did the same as you - I traveled a good distance from home and used the (free) accommodation he provides.

I have recommended him to many people on here and will continue to do so.

Again, well done. You made a good choice.

KarlM:
Hi all,

Just a quick one to say I highly recommend the above company, I took the C+E course with Dave last week, and with his guidance and training (and in some cases, his patience!) I passed C+E at Peterborough last Thursday. I’ve read a few posts regarding training outside your local area (I’m based in Lancashire), and although everyone is different, I found it seemed to work pretty well, especially for noticing things like weight limits etc. Being in a hotel room in the evenings also allowed me to recap things from the days training without any household distractions.

Now I have the nice thought that I won’t have to sit any driving tests or exams for a while (I hope), just to complete my remaining DCPC modules in June and I’m sorted :slight_smile:

Karl

Well done on the pass Karl and another good write up for Pete. I’m glad the being away from home benefited you.

I think I will have to think about doing residential courses.

Paul :smiley:

elmet training:
I think I will have to think about doing residential courses.

Can you fit a couple of beds down the side of the water IBCs in the back of the lorry :bulb: :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
Can you fit a couple of beds down the side of the water IBCs in the back of the lorry :bulb: :wink: :laughing:

No but in the village there’s a lovely little pub that do B&B. It would be a nice little break away.

Congratulations on your pass :smiley: I did my c+e a few weeks ago with Dave in Peterborough as a residential course as well. A few others on here have passed with Dave as well and everyone has good things to say about him.

He’s slowly getting his own fan club lol.

Pete you’ll have to give him a pay rise with all this success :smiley:

Thanks guys
It looks like I’m becoming the Mark Dixon of Peter’s company, but this does have its draw backs, I’ve got to keep these passes up and I’m going grey and much older than him.

Paul you could always get a sleeper cab Pete hasn’t used that option yet, nothing like on the job training.

David

clubadria:
Paul you could always get a sleeper cab Pete hasn’t used that option yet, nothing like on the job training.

David

There’s a thought David.

I could park up in the pub car park end of lesson it would be a insight into tramping.

That would be doing that bit extra in preperation for their driving career . Lol :smiley:

much older than him.

You say the nicest things Dave.

Still no rise - sorry!!

Seriously, very well done on this consistent run of passes.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

PS Just realised you might have meant “young” Pete! Still no rise!!!

Congratulations passing C+E, like me, you was trained by the best. :smiley:

I know the feeling and sense of relief knowing you have not got to resit the test, it’s great, takes a while to sink in.

Good luck with the job search after completing your cpc. :wink:

OnlyAlan:
Hi Karl and congratulations on your achievements.

You join a growing band of us on here who trained with Peter Smythe Training. Did you get a chance to meet Pete? Possibly not now he is spending more time with his wife and vintage car (pretty sure I got that the right way around). If you didn’t you missed out on meeting a very nice man and quite a character.

Hi unfortunately didn’t get to meet Pete. Although I’m off to Mansfield next month for DCPC training, so I don’t know if he is based there when working. I think it could have been Pete that I spoke to on the phone when I booked the course though.