Passed C + E today!

Hi Folks,
Got my C + E in the bag today. Over the moon and relieved that it’s done now. 5 minors on the test.

Thanks to Len at Westgate training in Aldridge for the excellent instruction. Also thanks to folk on here who have given me some valuable tips/advice too.

Got my first 7hrs of periodic CPC tomorrow.

The hunt for work now begins.

Steve

Congratulations on your pass :smiley:

Good for you! - Now go celebrate with a few bevvies! :smiley:

Please post back here with how you get on with finding work as a newbie, for the rest of us potential newbies!

Cheers,

Alan

Very well done! Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Editted as it was artic and not W&D

Great news well done.

Paul :smiley:

You will get some work as soon as your licence arrive back
my first job was at uk mail double decker OMG
Then a frame wag & drag at tuffnells never again

now 10 months on I’m driving a 63 plate atros :smiley: merc on £12 per hour day’s and no nights out
mon to friday as agency driver via a limited company

Good luck it can be done that 2 year thing is a load or bull ##it

sorry for the spelling that’s why I drive a lorry
and not work in a office.

Well done. Your background should stand you in good stead in finding a job despite your lack of experience. That’s what I found anyway. Good luck with it. It couldn’t have been an easy decision, it certainly wasn’t for me when I made mine.

dangerousdan:
You will get some work as soon as your licence arrive back
my first job was at uk mail double decker OMG
Then a frame wag & drag at tuffnells never again

now 10 months on I’m driving a 63 plate atros :smiley: merc on £12 per hour day’s and no nights out
mon to friday as agency driver via a limited company

Good luck it can be done that 2 year thing is a load or bull ##it

sorry for the spelling that’s why I drive a lorry
and not work in a office.

Thanks for the info Dan (I assume) very helpful for anyone wondering if it’s an investment or pi$$ing your money up against the wall. It’s basically reinforcement of the answer I’ve been looking for. I’m pretty much of the conclusion now, that YES it is a good investment! And a good time to join the industry to get your feet on the ladder. I doubt that would have been the case 5 or so years ago, where a newbie probably wouldn’t have got a look in while experienced drivers were looking for work. But now I think things have changed and the opportunities are out there. So I better get on with it, book my training and get my Audi R8 on order! LOL

P.S. What’s wrong with your spelling? It’s good for this forum!!! (Not that I’m any better, and was told by my parents I was illegitimate! Sorry, illiterate! LOL)

Thanks again

Alan

ROG:

Guessing it was in W&D?

Many thanks ROG, it was in an artic :smiley:

Thanks for the messages, much appreciated.

I’ll keep you updated on my quest for work, and I’m sure it won’t be long before I need some advice etc :wink:

Congratulations to you. Good luck in job hunt. Keep us all informed.

Well done on your pass & good luck with the job search…hope to be doing the same thing once I get my license & DCPC sorted.

Congrats…& welcome to the worst paid ‘Professional’? Career in the world.Get yourself a tube of water based lubricant …you’ll need it…( & say goodbye to your friends etc…you won’t be seeing them again).
(Unlike the others…I shoot from the hip.Sorry)

HAPPY TRUCK DRIVING!! :unamused: