Passed C+E! Thanks to everyone at PSTT!

Hey guys,

I’m really pleased to say I passed my C+E today with PSTT.

I’m over the moon and so pleased to have done it after failing my first attempt. I passed with 2 minors!

Just a MASSIVE thank you to everyone at Peter Smythes. Especially to Chris my trainer,a true professional and such a nice guy. Also to Nick who covered for Chris on one day of my training and helped me with an hours warm up before the test today,absolute top bloke and gave me some excellent advice on test morning. Thanks so much guys!

I said this before when i passed my class C but Id recommend these guys 100%. I had a few assessment drives last year with a few companies slightly closer to home but none matched PSTT. The vehicles,staff and atmosphere are all excellent and really help to keep the dreaded test nerves at bay. Nothing was too much trouble and its probably the best spent money of my life.

Still cant believe I’ve finally got my class 1 under my belt after thinking of little else for well over a year.

Ill be back in training in June ready for my mod 4 (decided to wait to do that until i had my class 1) but Id like to think the harder parts are behind me now!

Could a mod please delete one of these topic posts. Double post as my pc is useless at the moment,or maybe its the user!

Congratulations I’m aiming to pass the C+E with psst. It says I’m out with Chris aswell. I’ve heard only good things about these guys and really hope my nerves don’t get the better of me. Really chuffed for you

montytom:
Congratulations I’m aiming to pass the C+E with psst. It says I’m out with Chris aswell. I’ve heard only good things about these guys and really hope my nerves don’t get the better of me. Really chuffed for you

Cheers mate,you’ll have no problem with these guys,seriously,Chris is a great bloke and if they can get me up to a confident test standard they can do it with anybody.

Nerves were a problem for me too,didnt feel too bad for my class C and passed first time but was bricking it with my C+E,there’s really no need though but i know that’s so easy to say.
Nerves cost me my first test,i was so nervous about the reverse that when i finally nailed it I think my mind kind of over relaxed which led me to make silly mistakes which in turn made me nervous again leading to very poor judgement in the last 5 mins of the test. Nerves really are NOT your friend so just chill and try to enjoy yourself.

One thing Ill mention with PSTT is theyre not interested in making money from a failure. If the worst happens,which im sure it wont,then just remember a retest doesnt cost a fortune with them as,from what i understand,they charge just cost price. Ive heard of some trainers charging upwards of £500 just for a retest. Also just remember the examiners really aren’t out to fail you,i really got the impression they dont like to deliver bad news but they have got a job to do at the end of the day.

Good luck mate,just enjoy learning and youll sail it!

Congratulations!! They are all brilliant at PSTT :smiley:

Congrats pal! :smiley:

As you say, PSTT are a complete service, and Pete takes your money with an unwritten commitment to get you a pass, and you’re not just an accountants number, as those people often don’t apprentice that service and reputation is also critical to good business! But now the coffee machine is free and Pete seems to be eating a lot of cake and snacks, we need to consider Pete’s health! :open_mouth: As we need to keep him around to offer his services… So I think it’s only fair and just that Pete shows his continued commitment to his potential pupils, and volunteers to provide this forum with medical data about his health, just to keep our minds at rest and allow us previous users, to keep recommending him. Therefore I may I suggest maybe a weekly weigh in Pete? :grimacing:

Pete - I wasn’t joking pal! :wink:

But back to the OP, best of luck for the future! :smiley:
As a fairly recent passer, my advice is take it slow and steady using as much as the road/space as you can or need…

Evil8Beezle:
Congrats pal! :smiley:

As you say, PSTT are a complete service, and Pete takes your money with an unwritten commitment to get you a pass, and you’re not just an accountants number, as those people often don’t apprentice that service and reputation is also critical to good business! But now the coffee machine is free and Pete seems to be eating a lot of cake and snacks, we need to consider Pete’s health! :open_mouth: As we need to keep him around to offer his services… So I think it’s only fair and just that Pete shows his continued commitment to his potential pupils, and volunteers to provide this forum with medical data about his health, just to keep our minds at rest and allow us previous users, to keep recommending him. Therefore I may I suggest maybe a weekly weigh in Pete? :grimacing:

Pete - I wasn’t joking pal! :wink:

But back to the OP, best of luck for the future! :smiley:
As a fairly recent passer, my advice is take it slow and steady using as much as the road/space as you can or need…

Haha,poor pete. Never got to speak to the man himself,though he was about the yard once when i was training.

Cheers for the advice mate,now is the time i really learn to drive an hgv. Im waiting for my mod 4 in June and then im going to have a go in the Arctic with PSTTs conversion course,its all booked ready. Then itll be looking out for jobs but ive got one in mind. In the meantime ive got bills need paying so im sticking with my factory job for the next few months at least :neutral_face:

So I think it’s only fair and just that Pete shows his continued commitment to his potential pupils, and volunteers to provide this forum with medical data about his health

LATEST NEWS!! Still breathing :smiley:

may I suggest maybe a weekly weigh in Pete? :grimacing:

No, you may not!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Artic or W+D?

Radar19:
Artic or W+D?

I went for the W+D in the end,it was defo the best choice for me as i hadnt even been in an hgv since i passed my class c in november. Ill be having a few hours in an arctic soon though.

Radar19:
Artic or W+D?

One week to go pal…
You’re soon to be an ex van driver! :smiley:

I did it first in the yellow beast. Doing it in the W+D this time around. Bricking it.

Gratz man.

Radar19:
I did it first in the yellow beast. Doing it in the W+D this time around. Bricking it.

Im confused,did you pass in the arctic and are doing it again in the W+D?

GhostRider17:

Radar19:

Im confused,did you pass in the arctic and are doing it again in the W+D?

He failed once in an Artic mate… He didn’t make the second test due to a serious RTA he got stuck waiting in.

WTF are you worried about? You’ve driven the first half for yonks now!!!
You know exactly how and what the second half is going to do, you just need to stay calm and focus on what you already know…
It will be a breeze if you already KNOW you will pass, it’s mainly a state of mind.
If you think you should/will be nervous? Guess what, you will you bellend!!! :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Radar19:

Wow mate,youre WAY more experienced than me in driving. Maybe i did the wrong thing in going straight for class 1 after i passed class 2 with no hgv driving at all in between,it paid off for me in the end though.

GhostRider17:

Radar19:

Wow mate,youre WAY more experienced than me in driving. Maybe i did the wrong thing in going straight for class 1 after i passed class 2 with no hgv driving at all in between,it paid off for me in the end though.

Well if you passed both without issue, what’s the problem? :smiley:
I personally thought that a couple of months of VAN driving, was free additional training in becoming a bender? :open_mouth:
:laughing: I can’t complain, passed both first time…

Evil8Beezle:

GhostRider17:

Radar19:

Well if you passed both without issue, what’s the problem? :smiley:
I personally thought that a couple of months of VAN driving, was free additional training in becoming a bender? :open_mouth:
:laughing: I can’t complain, passed both first time…

Well there was no problem,despite failing c+e first time lol but thats all part of the experience.
I just meant that ive heard alot of people,including you,say that some real class 2 experience before going for class 1 is beneficial,makes perfect sense to me.
I just really wanted my class 1 under my belt so its more feathers in my cap for when i decide to leave my current job. I passed my c back in november with no hgv driving at all until going for my c+e in april. I think i would have defo found it easier with more class 2 experience but i passed eventually anyway.
Now im looking to doing my mod 4,hope i do ok.

GhostRider17:
Well there was no problem,despite failing c+e first time lol but thats all part of the experience.
I just meant that ive heard alot of people,including you,say that some real class 2 experience before going for class 1 is beneficial,makes perfect sense to me.
I just really wanted my class 1 under my belt so its more feathers in my cap for when i decide to leave my current job. I passed my c back in november with no hgv driving at all until going for my c+e in april. I think i would have defo found it easier with more class 2 experience but i passed eventually anyway.
Now im looking to doing my mod 4,hope i do ok.

You’re right that I do think it’s a good idea to “earn your stripes” driving VAN’s for a little while, as if nothing else you GAIN experience of carrying weight and the width if your new vehicle. To me, doing both back to back is adding risk and possible COST to the objective…

Having now flitted back and forth between Rigid’s and Artic’s, and I can now understand why some/most “benders :blush:” refer to driving Rigid’s as the “devils spawn”. After getting used to reversing an Artic and the way you need to steer, doing a stint in a VAN really screws with your brain, as I now get it wrong and start off the wrong way! :imp: