Passed C+E OMG!

I Have Been working in supermarkets taking deliverys for nearly 13 years and have always thought I should get an understanding of how hard a job It is for the drivers that come to our tiny co-op stores to reverse in, I now know its a lot harder than they make it look :smiley:

I had never driven anything bigger than a mini bus when I did 4 days training cat C with Peter Smyth in Mansfield at the beginning of May07 and past 1st time in Sheffield (what road markings?) since that time I have not been in a truck of any type as have a fulltime job running a supermarket, I was well chuffed that the gamble to take and pay for (risk money on) training and test had paid off and it was over, Than I found myself wondering about Arttics and before I knew it I was on the phone and risked another £900 on one and a half days training. Between these 2 points I had not driven a truck again and belive this kept my driving at test standard, My test was last week in sheffield on Wed, I was Bricking it on Tue when I started my training as Sheff was under water and all tests where cancelled, I felt bad also for the people who could not take there tests I thought my training money was going to go to waste, On wed the 8am test where cancelled and I thought that was it, However we went to the test center at 10am and those test where taking place so my 2 pm test seemed likely I did’nt really do any driving around Sheff that morning as did’nt want to risk getting stuck miles away from the center in trafffic so just parked up and revised questions and ate bacon baps untill my test, they where running limited routes which seemed to mean every hill and tram line in sheff, Except for a older lady in a silver polo stopping to beckon me across a dual carraige way and selecting reverse on the gear change exercise, which I thought had killed my chances of a pass it was ok. I passed it 1st time with a total of about 36 hours driving in a truck total. I hope I’m as lucky when it comes to finding a job but its my belief that bad habbits form the more driving out of training you do, hope my story helps.

Thanks to every one whose posts I read on here that helped me.
Sorry if I sound Like I’m showing off a little I’m not Just chuffed, I don’t get to much good luck and I was nearly in tears waching news 24 mon night as the water rose in Sheffield and it dawned on me I might not get my test.

Karl

congrats mate and gudluck :smiley:

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: